Budget incubators

LukeEsson

Hatching
Dec 6, 2015
Hi there guys, just a quick question about incubators. I'm looking at getting a incubator but on a budget, I'm looking at 20+ egg capacity and was wondering if any one has any they recommend.
P.S I'm in the UK if any one else is and can recommend shops or anything
Many thanks Luke

Hi Luke - not sure about cheap incubators but cheapest and easiest way is a broody hen. I have seen reviews on incubators on Amazon but how realistic the reviews are is another kettle of fish. I hope that others may be able to help you out.

Cheers
Ct

With incubators, you get what you pay for. I have 2 cheapie Little Giants and while they get the job done, they require a lot of attention and can go all wonky at the drop of a hat. I've got about $80/US invested in my 2 'bators and automatic turner (I got one incubator second hand from a friend). That doesn't seem like much when you compare them to the more expensive options, but when you factor in the eggs I've bought and lost and chicks that didn't hatch because of 'bator problems, well, I'll just say I could've bought myself a nice Brinsea by now. If you can save up for a better option, its totally worth it in the long run. Incubating isn't much fun if your eggs don't hatch...
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom