My issue is I can’t have chickens here 😭🤣

:hugs
there there.gif

I have reached my maximium amount of chickens in my coop...

I don't know if that's a good thing, because you have lots of chickens, or a bad thing, because no more new chickens. 😢

I thankfully have a 64 square foot coop that is empty and ready for occupants once it's had just a bit of work to fix it up, but it's already reserved as a breeding pen (or two) for my silkied Cochins once it's in better shape. That does mean that I have room for more silkied Cochins, though. 😍

I don't know if that's a good thing, because you have lots of chickens, or a bad thing, because no more new chickens. 😢
I have 12 chickens atm. I'm sad that I can't get new chickens, but since I have 1 young roo in my bunch I'll have to rehome him so I'll have space for one more in an emergency (eg. Another Katie situation). But I'm happy because the chickens I have are all amazing, and if I settle now, I can enjoy them more rather than spending time on raising chicks that all becomw roosters anyway!

I can enjoy them more rather than spending time on raising chicks that all becomw roosters anyway!

Ouch, yeah, I definitely feel you there. I currently have 15 chicks I'm raising out and 2/3 of them are boys. I did want a few cockerels out of that hatch, but 10 is a bit excessive for my needs. 😅

It sounds like you have a lovely flock, and if you're happy with them then that's what's important. :love I hope the Katie situation had a happy ending? :fl

Back
Top Bottom