Yeah. I'll have to see if My red coop numbers stay the same over winter or if some of my older girls don't make it. My coop is starting to get a bit full unfortunately. How big are they compared to standards?
That makes sense! And they’re in between bantams and standards. Like mine were relatively small ish but not bantam size. And they can hold their own perfectly well against the bigger birds.

I can enjoy them more rather than spending time on raising chicks that all becomw roosters anyway!

Ouch, yeah, I definitely feel you there. I currently have 15 chicks I'm raising out and 2/3 of them are boys. I did want a few cockerels out of that hatch, but 10 is a bit excessive for my needs. 😅

It sounds like you have a lovely flock, and if you're happy with them then that's what's important. :love I hope the Katie situation had a happy ending? :fl

I will never understand why some chickens just have an insatiable appetite for beards. My Easter-eggers are always clean-shaven with that weird uni-wattle look going by late summer. 🤭

Solid Buff would be the one for me! I use the distinction of 'solid' because I don't mind things like buff laced, buff Columbian, etc., but when it's solid it's just so... blah. Icky. Boring. I don't know, I just don't like it. I used to put solid white in the same category, but I've more recently discovered that I don't mind pure white birds who have slate legs, such as White Ameraucanas, or dark skin, like some of the Ayam Cemani hybrids I've seen. Solid Buff, I can't say the same. I just don't like that color regardless of other features the bird may have.

As for the turkey, nah, I don't like that. Same issue as with chickens. The color just doesn't do it for me.

I did see a buff turkey in show once that I thought was quite pretty, though. I actually don't recall if this was actually labelled as buff or if I'm misremembering, and I don't know turkey varieties well enough to self-correct on it.

View attachment 3211475
That’s brown 😜🤣🙈
Love the buff torkey
What’s a torkey? 😜🤣🙈

Back
Top Bottom