Soooo, we're half way through May now... Has the ugly little fluffball arrived yet? :pop
Yep… I fixed her though.

I would share pic of her in her natural colors, but I don’t want to burn your eyes. 🤗

8C1AD249-8586-4E34-8F10-CD70110AE19D.jpeg

My own mother tried to convince me today that Buff Orpingtons aren't that bad looking. I feel a bit betrayed. 😩

I have to give her some leeway because she loves Orpingtons, but of course unless you get them in Buff they're generally either much more expensive or straight run only (hatching eggs or chicks from a breeder), or both, so I haven't had very many over the years. I think she just really wants more like my hatchery Lavender girl, Rooska, who was the sweetest hen, but we lost her toward the end of last year. I got two hatchery Blues last year by her request, but they're very, I don't know, sketchy? They certainly aren't the cuddlers that Rooska was, anyway. And, I tried to hatch some English Orp girls for her last year, too, but they were all males, of course...

Anyway, suffice it to say I gave her a look like she'd just sprouted a second head and as much as told her I wasn't getting any Buff Orpingtons in my flock, no way. She really needs to go sit with my darling silkied Cochin bantams if she wants to see a truly perfect cuddling breed. 🥰

How have I not seen this thread? I hate the way buff Orpingtons look, pure buff is hideous and hatchery ones aren't even fluffy! Sadly I have 8 of them because my parents like them and say they're a good breed. I'm going to try to get lavender orps next time.
I got 12 eggs off the lavender Orpington of eBay. 7 hatched really. If you want a rooster looks like I will have at least two.

Attachments

• 4E5836EC-8D3B-4146-9E27-2E79728A5D6D.jpeg
    4E5836EC-8D3B-4146-9E27-2E79728A5D6D.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom