Building a pond - step by step - mostly complete post71

Filter box construction completed

Siliconed the slate in place last night and tonight put the top rail on and front face board under the waterfall area
IMG_4359.jpg

Putting the filter portion together - pvc piping attached to the flexible hose under a light box grate (sitting on bricks). Flexible tubing goes into a T and then pieces of pipe to either side and an elbow on each end. Not sure how much swirl action we'll get from that, but water is flowing in.
IMG_4360.jpg

AC filter over the grating
IMG_4361.jpg

lava rock (rinsed well) in a mesh laundry bag
IMG_4362.jpg

2 mesh bags of lava rock
IMG_4364.jpg

plugged in
IMG_4370.jpg

Ok, still some final touches to put on it, but close enough for testing...
IMG_4373.jpg

and the plunge
IMG_4374.jpg

Cadbury on the other side trying to figure out how Ally got in
IMG_4375.jpg

She had help getting there
IMG_4379.jpg

And they are all in now
IMG_4380.jpg

mmmm, bugs
IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

automatic drinking fountain
IMG_4404.jpg

little duckly love (then my camera battery died lol)
IMG_4407.jpg

Dh was disappointed. He was hoping they'd get their crazy ducky selves on and have a grand ol time in there and play their normal ducky games.
Maybe tomorrow. Battery is charging now.

big_smile.png
Awesome Trudy!!! The ducks look soooo happy!! Made me tear up seeing their joy. You may have to get a pool vacuum & suck up the poop ever so often from the bottom??? My two babies, Quackers & Mudpie, I think are going to be a white Pekin & a Mallard. They are very attached to each other and inseparable. My Doxie thinks she is their mom and sleeps beside their cage and herds them in the yard. I'll take pics this afternoon & post them! Too cute!

What a wonderful story!
clap.gif
I am inspired, but glad I live with real ponds. The building and maintenance are WAY beyond my energy level.
old.gif
The narration and pictures are fabulous.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom