Bumblefoot or Normal scab?

goose321

Songster
6 Years
Sep 11, 2017
Hello, around two weeks ago my duck skinned her toe and now it looks like this. Do you guys think it could be bumblefoot or just a normal scab healing her cut. There is no swelling or redness and it doesn’t really look black but more of a red brown. She is not limping either.
6640557B-2851-4DE4-9991-C735565EDADB.jpeg

97FC3954-485A-4579-81D3-999D2A0EDAAB.jpeg

The one on the outer toe could possibly be. Keep an eye on it. If it gets red and swells. You might want to soak her foot in warm Epsom salt water daily and apply some kind of antibiotic ointment on it. That one looks a little worrying.

Last edited:
It looks like bumblefoot on the outside toe. Start soaking in epsom salts twice a day for 15 minutes and apply neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment. Is that a little cut on the middle toe too? If so, apply the ointment there just to be safe.

Hello, yes I have been applying a triple antibiotic ointment to her feet at night since I saw it but I guess I should start bandaging her feet so as to keep it on longer. If it is bumblefoot will the epsom salt soaks and antibiotic ointment clear it up or will I have to get the scab out? Thanks for your help.

I had a pekin last fall who had it. I soaked for twice a day and applied the ointment for a couple weeks maybe. When I decided to try to loosen the scab, I thought I was going to have to do the process to remove the kernel of infection, but the scab came off and the tissue underneath was perfectly healthy. Now I have another duck with bumblefoot and she has a swollen spot with a tiny scab. I've tried soaking and neosporin but it didn't help and she's limping a lot. A few days ago I pulled off the tiny scab and pulled some crusty material out from underneath that, sprayed veteracyn and put neosporin in, then bandaged the foot. But, it doesn't seem to have improved much and I've repeated that process a couple times now. So, I'm no expert, but try and see what happens after a week or so of soaks, and you should be able to see if it's getting better.

Hi everyone, well I tried the Epsom salt soaks and triple antibiotic cream but it didn’t seem to be helping so I tried iodine and then preparation H but it just seems to be getting worse. I have ordered tricide neo online however it is going to be around 2 weeks before it gets here so today I gave her feet a good soak in Epsom salts for about an hour and tried to get the scab off but no hope. Here is what her foot looks like now. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• DEAD677E-094B-4F47-89DA-1D7CBBDBFADB.jpeg
    DEAD677E-094B-4F47-89DA-1D7CBBDBFADB.jpeg
    473.1 KB · Views: 4
Here is another picture

Attachments

• 53BB63E3-F7AA-451B-88CB-2341414397B4.jpeg
    53BB63E3-F7AA-451B-88CB-2341414397B4.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom