burn remedy

ocap

Crowing
7 Years
Jan 1, 2013
Smithville, Missouri
My wife just had a friend post information about using egg whites as a burn remedy.
First place cold water on the burn.
Then separate the white from the yolk and slightly beat the white.
place the whites on the burned skin.

If you have used this remedy please respond.
We have never used this method, just the cold water part.

My wife just had a friend post information about using egg whites as a burn remedy.
First place cold water on the burn.
Then separate the white from the yolk and slightly beat the white.
place the whites on the burned skin.

If you have used this remedy please respond.
We have never used this method, just the cold water part.
I tried the cold water ...it didnt relieve the pain ..The cold egg white from the frig relieved the pain immediately .
I spilled boiling hot water on my stomach a little more than 2 weeks ago .my skin is discolored some & I have only 3 small scars ... most of my skin didnt even peel .
Or hurt to the touch or hurt to shower ....it was just a little sore ..
I put egg white on it 2 or 3 times a day ..

I tried the cold water ...it didnt relieve the pain ..The cold egg white from the frig relieved the pain immediately .
I spilled boiling hot water on my stomach a little more than 2 weeks ago .my skin is discolored some & I have only 3 small scars ... most of my skin didnt even peel .
Or hurt to the touch or hurt to shower ....it was just a little sore ..
I put egg white on it 2 or 3 times a day ..
In this case, the egg white "sealed" the burn from the air, which is what relieved the pain. That was the reason people used to say to put butter on burns (an equally bad idea). Because eggs can be contaminated with bacteria, putting them on raw, burned skin can be a great way to get yourself one nasty infection.

Yes, the egg thing is a bad idea but the snoops site is off to. We always use water to stop the burning proses no matter bad the burn is but we are quick an go strait to working to keep the person warm.

I have worked on small burns all the way to explosion burns covering most of someone body an the same 2 steps happen every time.

Water to cool stop the cooking.
Wrap very loosely to protect an keep warm.
(An the bad ones)
Ship them to the ER.

The ER will put them in a room with the thermostat set at 100 F an keep the burn clean.

Yes, the egg thing is a bad idea but the snoops site is off to. We always use water to stop the burning proses no matter bad the burn is but we are quick an go strait to working to keep the person warm.

I have worked on small burns all the way to explosion burns covering most of someone body an the same 2 steps happen every time.

Water to cool stop the cooking.
Wrap very loosely to protect an keep warm.
(An the bad ones)
Ship them to the ER.

The ER will put them in a room with the thermostat set at 100 F an keep the burn clean.
Dont doctors put albumen on burns - (egg white) ?
Cold water did not stop the pain for more than a minute . I had some burn cream to put on the burn ..even that did not stop the pain..
the egg white stopped the pain immediately.
it stopped the pain , it soothed irritation , & helped it heal .
The BOILING water that spilled on me was from inside a boiling hot pressure cooker that sprayed out on my stomach .
You dont Believe it ..I know it worked... Ive never had a burn before this that didnt hurt to touch or wasnt heat sensitive after .
I only have 3 small scars ...I would have had 2 large long scars on my stomach without the egg white

Quote: The Chattanooga burn center is a restricted part of the hospital so I have never actually been inside to watch but I have took classes an had talks with the head Dr. an I dont think they put anything like that on burns.

Now I am sure there is a lot that may help one way or the other but pain an scars are a secondary issue to living. A burn creates a pathway to the blood stream, bypassing the biggest parts of your immune system. Everything going on that burn needs to be sterile.

I have no issue washing out cuts an supergluing them closed but burns are a whole other animal an I cant see me putting anything as dirty as an egg white on any burn of mine.

Dont doctors put albumen on burns - (egg white) ?
Cold water did not stop the pain for more than a minute . I had some burn cream to put on the burn ..even that did not stop the pain..
the egg white stopped the pain immediately.
it stopped the pain , it soothed irritation , & helped it heal .
The BOILING water that spilled on me was from inside a boiling hot pressure cooker that sprayed out on my stomach .
You dont Believe it ..I know it worked... Ive never had a burn before this that didnt hurt to touch or wasnt heat sensitive after .
I only have 3 small scars ...I would have had 2 large long scars on my stomach without the egg white
Albumen and albumin are two different things. Albumen is the white of an egg and albumin is the portion of blood that contains white blood cells and other proteins useful in healing.

There are a variety of salves on the market for burns that work quite well to relieve the pain. Definitely don't use them if it is worse than a 1st degree burn though. Anything worse than that needs medical attention. Aloe works well for minor burns.

I tried the aloe it did not help ....I dont have insurance ..I tried the egg white - albumen - it worked immediately
Some one else posted
Many orgs are teaching their EMTs to use it whenever possible on burn victims till they can get them to the ER. Used it myself on a steam burn and it worked.
This is baloney. It would be incredibly irresponsible to encourage an EMT to do something so potentially life-threatening to a patient.

Back
Top Bottom