Button Quail playing dead??

romybuttonquail

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2023
So sometimes my button quail will randomly do like a dying squawk and then just flop onto the ground. Like full on head splat on the ground, body flat, like he died and just went "bleh". Idk how to explain it, but his head lays flat on the ground. Scares the hell out of me, but when I approach he gets up like nothing and runs away. He seems fine, nothing abnormal after. Just scary af lol. Also, not sure how they're escaping their cage!! The both of them, escaping their rabbit hutch somehow, then running straight for my mirror to play in my skincare :/ The cage gap is about 1 inch maybe less, so confused how they fit through that?
3C223C04-FE22-4CAE-8563-AA1D941B05DC.jpeg

So sometimes my button quail will randomly do like a dying squawk and then just flop onto the ground. Like full on head splat on the ground, body flat, like he died and just went "bleh". Idk how to explain it, but his head lays flat on the ground. Scares the hell out of me, but when I approach he gets up like nothing and runs away. He seems fine, nothing abnormal after. Just scary af lol. Also, not sure how they're escaping their cage!! The both of them, escaping their rabbit hutch somehow, then running straight for my mirror to play in my skincare :/ The cage gap is about 1 inch maybe less, so confused how they fit through that?View attachment 3564954
Yes they do sleep dead it’s scary but you’ll get used to it. As they are button quail I would think a 1 inch gap is big enough for them as they are still tiny chicks. I have also never see a button quail chick so I couldn’t tell you if I’m right but the dying thing I can tell you is normal.

Yes they do sleep dead it’s scary but you’ll get used to it. As they are button quail I would think a 1 inch gap is big enough for them as they are still tiny chicks. I have also never see a button quail chick so I couldn’t tell you if I’m right but the dying thing I can tell you is normal.
Idk if u meant literally sleep, but i meant that he'll be walking and then just flop haha. Im glad its normal then, been shitting myself 😂

Back
Top Bottom