Bwa-ha-ha! Idget cat!

corvidae

Songster
8 Years
Feb 27, 2011
Utah
I love my cats, really, I do. But one of them made the bad decision of attempting to have Welsummer Lunch. Idget cat stuck his paw through the hardware cloth on the run, trying to swipe at one of my 8 week old Welsummers. Unfortunately for him, the spoiled Welsummers view anything getting near their coop as a treat. Accordingly, all of them immediately ran over to the paw sticking into their run and started pecking away.
lol.png
The cat let out a ruckus of howls, tried to jerk his paw back out, turned the wrong way and got caught up for a moment in his own legs! All the while, the Welsummers are peck-peck-pecking away and my boys are rolling on the ground laughing. The cat, after extracting himself, is just fine (though highly offended)--the Welsummers didn't even break skin on him. But he is most certainly making a wide berth around the coop now...

I read somewhere that Indians would teach a child not to play with fire by letting him get burned........sounds like thats what happened to your cat.........he stuck his paw in the fire..........valuable lesson.

Rammy

Quote:
That's what the majority of past generations did..we didn't run on "safety" like we do now..which does more harm than good

We have 4 cats..indoor though...I would love to watch one of them learn a lesson lol

I got caught playing with matches when I was a kid. My mom took them from me, lit one, blew it out and handed me the hot end! Lesson learned! Nowadays someone would probably call child protective services on you for that. You won't ever hear me crying child abuse. That's the way you teach a kid a lesson for life.

Someone posted about 2 or 3 weeks ago about their bantam cochin rooster who killed a cat who got too close. Best your kitty learned his lesson now instead of the ultimate lesson that other kitty did.

Cats only need to be bit Once and they get the message, every one of my cats have put their paws thru or jumped on top of our parrots cage and they never did it again
ep.gif

Quote:
That's funny stuff....the cat my mother in law feeds and keeps outside was caught laying right outside of my new coop/run, looking at what she thought was "lunch", and slowly turning her tail, like she was ready to pounce. Well, she didn't hear me come up behind her, and I simultaneously stomped my foot on the ground, clapped my hands, and yelled "GIT" at the top of my lungs. That cat climbed the wall of my coop quicker than anything I've ever seen. The coop walls are plywood panelling and when she jumped up that wall, she came out of it with a splinter in her paw. Hahaha....I win, and she lost one of her nine lives!!! I think I made an impression on her.

Back
Top Bottom