BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @prostar , congrats on being offered a job!

What difference does it make if it's at K-Mart, Costco, or anywhere else? Unless you're wanting a "career", a job is a job is a job. And people have careers at K-Mart too. Someone is willing to pay you for your efforts, that's what's important. And if you have to leave around Thanksgiving, heck, that's 5 months away...5 months of getting a paycheck. A lot can happen in 5 months, if you hate it quit. If you love it, you win again.

I think you did good! [​IMG]

2. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Thanks fl. :)

3. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Well. I officially accepted it. I'll find out about the drug testing when where etc soon I guess.

4. nldomino

nldomino Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2015
    Hello all! Today started out wonderful! hens gave me two eggs so I thanked them and gave them a treat. Then the girls laid down for a hour nap why I put bread in the oven, Super warm here today so its been a lot of indoor time. Took the car in yesterday to get the oil changed ,safety recall fixed and my check engine light was on sigh* Husband got a call telling us it wont be done until Tuesday they have to pull the engine something to do with the timing belt. Not going to be very fun week with out the SUV to haul the children around. How is every one else! @prostar I sure all will go smooth for you! Congrats again on the JOB!

5. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    What kind of suv do you have?!! If you have to pull the engine just to do a timing belt, you're doing it wrong.

Unless the timing belt snapped but even then...you would notice your engine dying horribly on an interference motor...

Good luck with the suv!

6. nldomino

Apr 6, 2015
    its 2009 Chevy Traverse..i asked the same thing. The only thing i noticed it didnt have alot power sometimes or it would have trouble starting...i had a tie rod bust few months back why driving home so they replaced it,thats when i started having problems just hit 80 thosand miles.

7. nldomino

Apr 6, 2015
    @prostar. Here is a link i found..
    http://www.cartruckinfo.com/traverse-timing-chains.html.

8. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    prostar- Congratulations on the job! I hear those are hard to come by now, especially nearby to where you want to work. I hope everything schedule-wise will fit into the proper place. [​IMG]

200 pounds of dirt later and the chicken run finally has 3/4 areas worn away by 4 years and over 30 chickens replenished. I feel accomplished.

9. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by