BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. nldomino

nldomino Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2015
    very scary since everything is made with computer chips :(

2. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Morning! You would be so proud of me..., I did not whine yesterday when I was doing downtown chores in 97 degree weather. I just got the stuff done and headed back up into the 82 coolness. The pine trees are doing their thing. There are clouds of pollen and everything possible is yellow. My just graduated kiddo headed off this AM for Structure Fire training. At least they will be wrapping up before the worst of the heat today. Off to do chicken chores and gardening. Enjoy the day!

3. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi everyone,

Margie, hats off to you for doing chores in 97 degree temps! I take it your kiddo is training for fire duty? Good for him, always more of those needed.

Not much out of the ordinary going on here today. Watering has begun and will continue for a couple more hours. We planted a crimson mandevilla in the flower bed, I'm hoping it grabs hold and takes off around an old wagon wheel there. We have a family of waxwings with a nest in the berry garden; they found a horizontal piece of pvc tube to their liking. When I walk by it now, I can hear peeping coming from inside.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

4. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Oh man that's toasty. That's "the girls get their spa water" weather!

(They just get their water dispenser filled with ice cubes...then add water of course. Poor girls get hot....)

5. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    I could do with some of the warm weather you all are having. Gosh it's cold here! We have clear blue sky which is nice for Winter but brrrrrrr!

I think back to last Summer when I had my dear chickens, and all the water I hauled from the house to the chicken pens, and how much my girls were affected by the heat. We got up to the 118F mark at one point, for a consecutive week, and it nearly took us all out! Now I am in my freezing cold office and I can't feel my fingers! How times change.

A quiet day for me today. I have wasted vast amounts of time playing on the computer and am now heading off to the couch to watch a dvd. Gotta love weekends off. The silver lining from leaving the farm is beginning to reveal itself... [​IMG]

- Krista x

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Krista, I also spend vast hours of time on the computer, mostly BYC, Have tons of chores to do but, my favorite things are BYC and napping. Everything else can just wait.

Glad you have leisure time.

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning and happy father's day to those that are!

Drumstick, it sounds to me like you have your priorities right...love a good nap in the middle of the afternoon (esp. when it's around 100 outside and cool in the house, ahhh)!

Krista, hi I'm Debby, don't think we've 'met'. Where did you live before where it was terribly hot?

8. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Good morning! Happy Father's Day! The coffee is up and I splurged on some real cream and vanilla for me, DH takes his straight out of the pot. Enjoy the day you all!

9. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Krista, I will be watching a movie or show about Australia and I get confused when the spring is in September and Christmas is in June.
    Your summer solstices are our winter solstices and ...I guess I am easily confused. If I ever travel, I promise not to try to drive a right sided car on the left side of the road.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Jan, that reminds me...today is the first official day of summer. Happy Summer all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by