BYC Café

You are right it is! I need to do something special. We used to have a picnic each year in the tree house...
I suppose I should do something special for father's day too.
I have not been feeling too well and I let all of this sneak up on me.

I boiled all the eggs last night or I'd make a pound cake.

Ah, Shucks. He gets a hug and a hearty handshake.

Brownies. He gets brownies, the girls will lay at least one egg today, I am sure of it.
fl.gif

(That's the problem with older hens, they are not too dependable)

Good morning and happy father's day to those that are!

Drumstick, it sounds to me like you have your priorities right...love a good nap in the middle of the afternoon (esp. when it's around 100 outside and cool in the house, ahhh)!

Krista, hi I'm Debby, don't think we've 'met'. Where did you live before where it was terribly hot?

Hi Debby
frow.gif
Nice to 'meet' you!

I'm in Australia. I recently moved 3 hours across state when my hubby was offered a new job (retiring from dairy farming, moving into accounting.) I, too, am an accountant.

Summer here gets 'stinking hot!' Some years are worse than others, but last Summer was one out of the box heat-wise. As I said, we had over a week of 115F+ temperatures. I have moved North so believe it or not it can get even hotter than that up here! Winter is not so bad. We don't have snow where I am (although there is snow in some parts of Australia). Our Winter temperatures can dip to around 15-20F in this area.

Right now we are in Winter (just passed Solstice, so bring on Summer!). Last Summer when I had my dear chookies they really suffered in the heat. I had a sprinkler set-up for them but they didn't like going under it. They did like it when I moved the sprinklers around though, as they would go and sit in the wet patch it left behind! I had to get rid of my flock when I moved - my brother adopted them.

- Krista

Krista, I will be watching a movie or show about Australia and I get confused when the spring is in September and Christmas is in June.
Your summer solstices are our winter solstices and ...I guess I am easily confused. If I ever travel, I promise not to try to drive a right sided car on the left side of the road.

Hi 3goodeggs!

If you travel to Australia, you had better make sure you do drive a right sided drive car on the left side of the road! That's the law here as I know it
smile.png
Actually, on very rare occasions we do see a left side drive car on the road, usually an import from the US, and it's a real novelty. They still have to drive on the left though!

Yes, so you guys are in the middle of Summer heading towards Winter, and I'm in the middle of Winter heading towards Summer. I would rather have Summer to look forward to, thanks!!!

- Krista

Last edited:
Hi Debby
frow.gif
Nice to 'meet' you!

I'm in Australia. I recently moved 3 hours across state when my hubby was offered a new job (retiring from dairy farming, moving into accounting.) I, too, am an accountant.

Summer here gets 'stinking hot!' Some years are worse than others, but last Summer was one out of the box heat-wise. As I said, we had over a week of 115F+ temperatures. I have moved North so believe it or not it can get even hotter than that up here! Winter is not so bad. We don't have snow where I am (although there is snow in some parts of Australia). Our Winter temperatures can dip to around 15-20F in this area.

Right now we are in Winter (just passed Solstice, so bring on Summer!). Last Summer when I had my dear chookies they really suffered in the heat. I had a sprinkler set-up for them but they didn't like going under it. They did like it when I moved the sprinklers around though, as they would go and sit in the wet patch it left behind! I had to get rid of my flock when I moved - my brother adopted them.

- Krista

Hey, good to meet you too!

That's some fierce heat with 115+, no wonder the birds had a hard time. Ours are working overtime dealing with the high 90's here (and the extreme humidity doesn't help a bit). Hey, maybe it will make their feathers curly (like it does my hair) and I'll end up with Frizzles!

I hope that move works out well for you and your husband. Will you be able to have a few chooks where you are now?

Back
Top Bottom