BYC Café

No ice cream cakes for birthdays. Too expensive and usually don't come in the flavors I would like. Small family and they don't seem to do birthdays well, my brother can't share in the goodies, so they are usually forgone.

One of my senior bus friends(?) said she wasn't going to make me a cake (July birthday) because it was too hot to put the oven on. I agree. She also doesn't have air conditioning or use a fan. Her house chickens and dog suffer plenty .

In the freezer section here they have this thing caled Edwards Pie it is a thaw and serve pie but at my house for birthdays we serve them FROZEN they have key lime hersheys cookies and cream and reeses.

they are better frozen if you thaw them they are yuckie! IMO

or buy a pound cake cut in half top and bottom not side to side. use the square Ice cream box open it all the way and cut even slices of ice cream put on the bottom half of the pound cake then put top on frost with whip cream and freeze solid again. Serve frozen
big_smile.png
you can also drizzle favorite icecream toppings or put fruit on top.

Thank you for the ice cream cake ideas. We have Edward's pies out here too but, not that one. I usually get the 2 servings box - Dollar Tree usually has a few flavors, and I need portion control. Eating two slices is better than eating a full size pie at one sitting, feeling ill, and then eating more once I recuperate.

Thank you for the ice cream cake ideas. We have Edward's pies out here too but, not that one. I usually get the 2 servings box - Dollar Tree usually has a few flavors, and I need portion control. Eating two slices is better than eating a full size pie at one sitting, feeling ill, and then eating more once I recuperate.

You are correct I always eat them till they are gone. maybe I should by the 2 serving instead as well.

No ice cream cakes for birthdays. Too expensive and usually don't come in the flavors I would like. Small family and they don't seem to do birthdays well, my brother can't share in the goodies, so they are usually forgone.

One of my senior bus friends(?) said she wasn't going to make me a cake (July birthday) because it was too hot to put the oven on. I agree. She also doesn't have air conditioning or use a fan. Her house chickens and dog suffer plenty .

Hey DD!
My birthday is in July too !
wee.gif

Joint birthday party?!

Krista x

Quote: This summer we have had our celebrations with the pound cakes cut four times length wise (2 cakes) Then we layer strawberries and bananas on the bottom layer, then vanilla pudding, then cake- the next layer is nectarines and blueberries, pudding, more cake, layer three is raspberries and black berries, pudding and cake- then it is topped off with thick whipped cream covered with black cherries and shaved bitter chocolate. It sits in the refrigerator until chilled through then we have to really be good as to not eat it all in one sitting.

It has been so hot, the idea of the sugar frosted cakes was not interesting any of us. So we invented the orchard cake.
I think the call it trifle in the real world.

Back
Top Bottom