BYC Café

I am just curious as to why everyone is so worried about flammable materials? I know I'm a bit challenged at times but don't you have controls over these things - I really don't mean to rude or anything just wondering
smile.png

I am just curious as to why everyone is so worried about flammable materials? I know I'm a bit challenged at times but don't you have controls over these things - I really don't mean to rude or anything just wondering
smile.png

I was referring to fires for cookouts and fireworks.

You're not at all rude @whoop whoop , no worries!

nope when someone is being stupid and starts a fire they cannot control, by the time it moves it takes an army of fire professionals and sometimes an army of army to get it figured out the Bastrop inferno was no joke and at the same time they also battled a cedar creek blaze that was 3 miles from my house.

Fire is no joke in Texas. Especially in the summer.

Oh yea no offense. DH is offensive when I tell him to *AT LEAST GET THE DOG GONE HOSE OUT THERE!* (Yes I do yell that)

besides Curiosity killed the cat, That ate the chick! It is all good!

nope when someone is being stupid and starts a fire they cannot control, by the time it moves it takes an army of fire professionals and sometimes an army of army to get it figured out the Bastrop inferno was no joke and at the same time they also battled a cedar creek blaze that was 3 miles from my house.

Fire is no joke in Texas. Especially in the summer.

X 2 - though not in Texas. I grew up in the heart of Idaho's "fire country" and have a very healthy respect for fire and fear/loathing of those who don't seem to think their need to "have a good time" trumps all good sense, burn bans, etc. Even at home we aren't all that safe as we have that "one neighbor" who is the bane of my existence this time of year. Can't tell you how many nights I've stayed up late to be sure their nightly fireworks playtime does not result in a fire in my barn-or the number of bits and pieces I have picked up in my pasture walk throughs the mornings after (and more than once our horses have been spooked into a panic) -- unfortunately, he is also "that one neighbor" who is likely to shoot anyone who steps foot on his property for ANY reason so everyone just does their best to mitigate the damages he does and gives him a wide berth with no direct confrontation. I'm not afraid of many people in this world, but he legitimately frightens me.

Our neighbors seem to think shooting off firearms is an appropriate response to every occasion...4th of July, New Year's Eve, birthdays, Saturdays, new dog, whatever. Hmm, come to think of it, they seem to feel the same about drinking to excess. Of course, the excessive drinking and shooting of firearms usually leads to fist fights on the front yard but that's just probably just a coincidence, right? DOH!

DH and I want so badly to some day get a place with more property so we don't have to hear neighbors carrying on (or at least not see them)...some day!
fl.gif

Our neighbors seem to think shooting off firearms is an appropriate response to every occasion...4th of July, New Year's Eve, birthdays, Saturdays, new dog, whatever. Hmm, come to think of it, they seem to feel the same about drinking to excess. Of course, the excessive drinking and shooting of firearms usually leads to fist fights on the front yard but that's just probably just a coincidence, right? DOH!

DH and I want so badly to some day get a place with more property so we don't have to hear neighbors carrying on (or at least not see them)...some day!
fl.gif

I didn't know you lived close enough for us to have the same neighbors............
hmm.png
wink.png

I was thinking the same thing. The neighbors behind us are always playing with fire crackers, etc. I was working on the side of the garage and something went off LOUDLY near me. My mouth operates independently at such times. It yelled "You GD - mama f - " and so on. I was surprised that came out. One of the kids apologized and said he didn't know I was out there. I answered "That's the point, you don't know if someone is OUT . You scared the living s --- out of me." He must have been sincere, they never shot things toward my yard again.

fl.gif
Oh I see what you mean 4th July, we have the same problem with guns but they don't need an excuse. lol In the middle of the night scares the poop out of me. Well yes for fires all around the world I think, we are epecially vulnerable at the mo becaue the veldt is so dry due to Winter. People are so careless they chuck cig butt ends out of cars and start whopping gret fires. I hate it because all the wild life comes running to my plot and we have to put sprinklers on in the freezing weather and everything freezes obviously.
smile.png
So far haven't had any major fires this year but its still early into Winter. You can always come and live in ZA, could do with your expertise, we have lots of room lol
smile.png

Anyway all that being said HAVE A VERY HAPPY 4TH and ignore the neighbors if you can
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom