BYC Café

Hi guys - thanks so much and no noone is being bossy I appreciate everything - if I didn't have you guys I double dose on the tranquilisrs lol way to go happy and happier lol

No sibs unfortunately -my DH says plonk in home, go back home and continue cooking for him!!! just me!!!!

On a lighter note saw a really sweet cottage today needs gutting completely its the gardeners' cottage to a HUGE house and in lovely grounds so thinking of getting that. Could be really pretty but would have to do a special bathroom and wheel chair wys etc and get rid of the rats, not bears !! but still a pest though but has such potential got quite excited thinking of decorating and stuff - so not all is lost, just going to be a whole mission to move. The estate agents said that if I did do the place up it could be worth quite a bit and I would get the money back eventually so way to go I think..

Az is an awful thing my poor mother wakes up every morning and says to me 'who are you'? then after a while she knows its me its so sad, but there are pills you can take to help they are just so useless here it is all natonal health and if they don't HAVE to do anything then they won't,costs the governmment too much and eldely people just don't feature in the grand scheme of things.. I hope Margie your DH is OK its not always AZ just old age!!

Also thought if I am stuck here for ever, might go into chooks here
smile.png
I have never in my life seen such beautiful chickens - we are so limited in Africa, - there is every single type of bird you could think of and all so beautiful soo jealous..

Love the bear sign NFC and thanks xx

@whoop whoop it's obvious you're a dedicated chicken-eer if you're thinking about birds while all this is going on around you! Sounds like you could be there for some time, so if they bring you joy, go for it and have some fun.
hugs.gif

My dad was treated with 2 alzheimer drugs, never did him a bit of good. In fact he was on so many drugs that he was dizzy and falling all the time, etc. Turns out he never had alz. just dementia, which is bad enough. He still made it to 90 and died of pneumonia. He didn't remember he had been married, asked my brother if had brothers.

Have to say though in his younger years my father had a very poor memory - couldn't remember birthdays, age of kids, phone number for a house he lived in almost 40 years. He had a number of head injuries mostly because of reckless behavior that lead him to having seizures. He had a nasty temper but, when he was feeling ill or vulnerable he was downright kind and polite. Very easy to tell when he was sick and how sick (got nicer and nicer)

maybe losing memory is a good thing. You don't realize how bad off you are so don't worry about it.
idunno.gif

Hi everyone, been gone on vacation the last week. Headed somewhere even more remote than where I am living if that is possible! No internet, but the fishing was good. DH cooked the bass last night....mmmmnnmmm, delicious!

Whoop, your parents home is absolutely charming! But I am sorry to hear about the struggle with living arrangements for them. DH's mother has dementia pretty bad. We were lucky to get her in the same nursing home as her other three sisters (one has since passed). While it is a somewhat "hospital" like setting, she is well cared for and has family with her. Our Sunday visits are always entertaining. I hope you will find arrangements that will work for everyone, but I will also say smell is a no-no... It means they are understaffed most likely.
:

The porch will be all along the front, 8' deep with a four foot deep porch on the one side. DH is heading to Menard's to pick up the block for the retaining wall...we didn't want a pour cement one, so we decided to make more work for ourselves! Builder is hoping to have doors and windows in this week.

The porch will be all along the front, 8' deep with a four foot deep porch on the one side. DH is heading to Menard's to pick up the block for the retaining wall...we didn't want a pour cement one, so we decided to make more work for ourselves! Builder is hoping to have doors and windows in this week.

I forgot to add that, You guys did some nice planning to get the matching look in both buildings, did the same builder do both?
Scott

Back
Top Bottom