BYC Café

Good Morning! That is a very nice first egg! I traded a guy in the neighborhood 5 dozen eggs , over time, for a case of organic Palisade peaches. Yummmmmmm!
Do you want to hear the latest bear reports or are you all over it? This particular drama seems never ending for sure and already stuck on some reruns......
roll.png

Yes on the bear update please!

Okay, here is the latest.... getting kinda funny!!!

Just FYI: There was a bear in our closed, but not locked, garage just about midnight.
Rose and I hollered like banshees and banged on some pots until he or she reluctantly
loped away. As I'm not feeling like possibly facing up a bear in my nightie in the wee
hours, I won't know exactly the condition of things until morning. But, in our 11 years
up here, we've had bears on the porch plenty of times, just visiting, but never had one
open the garage door until now. My concern, if I lock the garage door, will the bear
potentially cause more harm trying to wrench it open? Bags of ammonia set near the door?
Tabasco?
Sweet dreams neighbors!

At bear boot camp, they teach about how home occupants
dressed in a nightie are delicious, and how to open garage doors to flush them out.

@@@@@@ we too had the bear last night at our place.
right across from the Lake...he/she opened the car door,
reached over and snagged a little cooler which had a small bag of
pig intestines for one of my art pieces (I know a little odd:))
then he went to our barn, where we now keep the garbage and he opened the door, pulled
out the garbage can and chowed down.. but did not knock over anything..
he/she is quite careful and smart never a dull moment
"How about sending a firecracker loaded, drone at the bears -
yesss.gif
"
Poor widdle bears........
hit.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
"Bears often look cool under pressure, so scientists were surprised to find out that the large predators nearly have a heart attack when drones approach.

The study, published in the journal Current Biology, highlights concerns over the use of drones around bears and other wildlife, given that the devices can make animals’ hearts race."

http://news.discovery.com/animals/endanger...-attacks-150813.htm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DD, if I could afford it, that would be so cool! The bears would never look our way again.......

Last edited:
The strangest thing about today's news Marge, is the pig intestine art work. Who is this person...Pig-casso?

Hi guys - I am sure your more sick of my stuff, but tomrrow is big day - father is going in home my stomach is eating itself inside/outside in - can't get an ambulance to take him had to pay big bucks for private - this country you could die and no one would know - carers gving me hard time they see their cushy job going - DH making plans to come over OMG this house is too small for him probably get stopped at customs will all his diabetic pills - not sure its a good idea but he is on a mission to support
th.gif
Saw a squirrel today and I know how you all love them but he was cute - birds coming back been feeding the wild birds - when I came we had nothing but bats/ravens and magpies (creepy)..

After big crash on the stock market wondering if there any bucks left for anything - I just wonder sometimes who is in charge and the greek (don't deserve a 'G') stocks have gone up magcially someone somewhere is playing games - just wish it was me love you all xx

Need bear news keeps me going - bit like men should have a government stamp on...
smile.png

Hi @whoop whoop I'm glad you'll have some support and someone onsite to give you a hand. I hope tomorrow's trip for your dad goes smoothly.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom