BYC Café

Still going.... locked down 24 on Friday. So far, 17 have hatched and a few more pips working. Today is day 21.

12 already in the brooder. The buff ones are black tail buff Japanese. The black ones are Golden Sebrights and one Silver Sebright, the brown ones are OEGB's.

Good morning all,

3GE, the Epsom salt and water solution helped with the mosquito bites, thanks for passing that tip on. We've had more rain every day, with more expected every day for at least the next week. The bugs are horrible right now!

Going to have a busy day inside today...chicken quarters are in the crock pot for dinner tonight, I found a new yeast roll recipe to make up and cole slaw to make. DH has been helping a neighbor with a fencing project for the past several days so I've been trying to do more cooking lately (he's the cook, I'm the baker usually).

Have a good day everyone!

Hey All! I am down to a couple of fencing projects too. Can I borrow your DH, NFC? Yesterday, my friend and I got the two Quansets set up on their brick walls for extra height and rebar staked them down. Got the T-posts in for the pen. Now I need to set the fence wire up and then change the electric fence. Actually, I need to do the electric fence properly, not just run around in circles in a panic.....
roll.png
hide.gif

Those are some cute chicks!
jumpy.gif

Hi Margie, I don't think you'll want his help today. He woke up with some nasty GI issues. The old guy he's been working with had the same thing last week, guess he "shared". Ugh.

Good luck with your project, I bet you'll do just fine!

Somehow I just can't see Margie running around in a panic, in a hurry yes, but not a panic. Do you have a backup charger for the fence?
I use 2 at all times and if 1 goes out, I just jumper wire in the other 1 until I can get to town.
Good luck with the fencing, I hope that it all goes smooth for you.
Scott

I do all the running around and screaming and flailing of arms in my head. But in real life I am standing there with a slack jaw and wide eyes.
I imagine Margie stands there with a furrowed brow and a hammer in her hand.

Back
Top Bottom