BYC Café

We did start later then most, Thanks, for the thought!
My DW to be, figured out before she said 'I Do' that I was not any good remembering dates.
I would forget my own birthday and other stuff like that.
Cops had to remind me about truck tags and drivers license.
Scott

Congrats Scott!
I really do like the dog antler pic. It's cute and I enjoy the sense of humor that created it.
DH and DS2 are out hunting again. They are getting closer and learning a ton for their first season out. Are you going hunting WV?

Its a little too warm for deer hunting today, 60-70 degrees. If you have to wait to track the deer, it would just spoil in the heat, plus no where cold to hang it, even if its a quick find. Will see what the weather has in store next weekend. Good luck to your DH and DS2. How old is this youngen of yours?

DS2=22 DS4 is not old enough to hunt big game in CO this year.
Hear is another bear article..... poor Boulder getting a dose of reality!

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28883269/boulder-bear-will-be-shot-at-first-opportunity

Coffeed up and now off to do chores. Here's wishing you some cold weather!
bow.gif
wee.gif

Forgot to add, get outside and watch the lunar eclipse tonight if you have a chance!

Last edited:
Need to go do chores here too.

My SIL went out to do her pre-season check of her hunting blind earlier this week, only armed with a 22 pistol (silly girl!) and a bear came within 5 yards of her blind! She called her in-laws to come around the hill to scare it off. Needless to say, she will let her DH hunt that blind this year.

My son sent me a moon photo from his camera.. from the college's observatory's telescope. You can see the turquoise ozone reflection from the earth on it.
He was pretty up beat. They are teaching him how to run the telescope.
He had done well on an exam that was freaking him out, got a humanities project out of the way and a physics lab half written up...and he had time to learn how to use the telescope for tonight's eclipse.
I am so glad he is having fun. It makes it easier on us knowing he is happy. They have a tech dump there that old technology goes to die.. or be picked over my the nerds and geeks and other such buzzards. He is in heaven.

I think we are going to be too cloudy again to see anything.We missed all the super moons and meteor showers too.
We had planned on taking honey today, but It isn't something you want to do on an overcast day.
so... another blaa day in gloomy Florida.

Eggsy, that's good news for you from up north! It would be terrible to think he was miserable...much better to know he's having fun
smile.png

What exactly is a "tech dump" anyway? Is that like hardware...old computers and such?

Yes. It is a room in a basement in one of the computer buildings. It is open to any student that wants to leave something off or dig through for a part. I think it is really neat that they encourage these kids to tinker.
Although, as he is filling his dorm with worn out stuff -I am slowly emptying his room of such things. I will encourage him to return items to the tech dump before summer vacation.

I think its going to be too cloudy here tonight for the eclipse too, but I'll be watching anyway.

Eggsy, glad to hear the son is enjoying himself, and its a little easier on you that way.

Back
Top Bottom