BYC Café

Am I to take it that you don't actually go shopping in the conventional sense?
Ask for something to be delivered up here and you might see it next month.
I go shopping the normal way! I like to pick out my produce.

The ethernet switch from the back room to the garage pathway has been on my list for quite some time.

I need to re wire the connector and then fill the hole with sealant. I did go grocery shopping already.

Around here, most places have an on line order and then you go to the store and park in a reserved space and the order is brought out to your car. Costco will deliver but they charge more for the items. We are not close enough to a whole foods to get Amazon grocery delivery.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Chewy, hope her AI took! :fl

My computer has been glitchy off & on all day...frustrating! But I am looking forward to seeing the site update.
The announcement includes a pre view of the new site

I have the instanpot lux-- it does not make yogurt.

I have:
13989_08_29_2016__09_18_29_700

It is a proofing box, yogurt make and slow cooker. I make yogurt in it weekly and proof bread in it all the time too. It is a brod and taylor proofer. King Arthur flour sells it and amazon too
Oh, that's interesting. Didn't know there was such a thing! Making yogurt never crossed my mind until I got this thing. Thanks for sharing :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Chewy, hope her AI took! :fl

My computer has been glitchy off & on all day...frustrating! But I am looking forward to seeing the site update.
So, Chewy was in the barn because she was being bitchy with the other cows. My husband thinks if Chewy took than she would've calved by now. I told him I didn't like his attitude :rant

@Shadrach I got a few pictures today:
IMG_20200111_095453.jpg
The house starts before the bump out, between the man door and the window. This is the West side.
IMG_20200111_095659.jpg

This is the North end that faces the shop. Barn doors closed for calving, cuz... Wind. And it holds heat amazingly well. Yesterday it was -2° F outside and around 15° in the barn!
IMG_20200111_100640.jpg

This is the South end. Bird yard slash orchard. One of these days we'll get rid of that tan monstrosity :rolleyes:
IMG_20200111_101051.jpg

East. Bulls are currently sharing digs with the goats. Hence the new wind break put up in the back. Goats have the biggest pen of any animal :confused: This is where the corrals are.
IMG_20200111_093501.jpg

Kitchen window looking at goat pen and calving jugs.
IMG_20200111_093139.jpg

And a better view :)

Oh, that's interesting. Didn't know there was such a thing! Making yogurt never crossed my mind until I got this thing. Thanks for sharing :)
I have been making yogurt in mine for a couple of years now. I also make a drinkable yogurt calle Piima. Piima cultures on the counter and does not need to go into a maker.

I could make 6 to 8 quarts of yogurt in the proofing box but would not be able to use that much before it went bad!

@Shadrach I got a few pictures today:View attachment 1999928The house starts before the bump out, between the man door and the window. This is the West side.
View attachment 1999929
This is the North end that faces the shop. Barn doors closed for calving, cuz... Wind. And it holds heat amazingly well. Yesterday it was -2° F outside and around 15° in the barn!
View attachment 1999933
This is the South end. Bird yard slash orchard. One of these days we'll get rid of that tan monstrosity :rolleyes:
View attachment 1999935
East. Bulls are currently sharing digs with the goats. Hence the new wind break put up in the back. Goats have the biggest pen of any animal :confused: This is where the corrals are.
View attachment 1999938
Kitchen window looking at goat pen and calving jugs.
View attachment 1999943
And a better view :)
I like that a lot! Really great idea.
How long did it take to refurbish and alter?

Back
Top Bottom