BYC Café

Glad to hear they got it all! I very it'll be nice to have the stitches out.

My husband had to have a basal cell carcinoma removed from his face last year and said the needles to the face were quite painful :oops:
I didn't mind the numbing at all, just stings for a minute. But, I am woman...hear me roar!

No, I ordered them online. They are fine for my bantams but I think would be too small for LF. I was thinking maybe a paint tray?
Yeah, those big plastic ones might work. I'd think you'd need something in them for the bird to get a foot hold. Yours lay just fine on the bare plastic or do you put something in them? I was going to order the ones Opa used for his, but the shipping is almost as much as the pads. It's still a lot cheaper than a premade rollout box...I found some similar pads on Amazon, I'm just not sure if the weft is directional like the Cutler supply ones are. They looked like hard spikes :confused:

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is on!
I got a bit done on mom's house yesterday. I just work and leave a big mess in my wake for my new minions to clean up! :D
Today I will tackle the getting the toilet installed. I was whining about my plight to the guy that pulled the cracked slab out of the front porch at dad's house. He recommended I use automotive gasket maker. It will remain pliable and form an air tight seal between the new black ABS flange with interior insert with a rubber grip seal and the old cast iron flange. I was concerned about the rubber gasket on the new flange making a good enough seal against the corroded interior of the 4" cast iron waste pipe. The gasket around the top will solve that problem. I'll still make an effort to smooth out the interior of that pipe but I don't think I'll ever get it smooth and uniform enough for a reliable seal.
If the floor is cement, it is not big deal if there is a bit of a leak sometimes...unless there is a smell LOL!

Dermatologist called yesterday lab results on tissue removed from behind my ear indicated that all of the cancer was removed. Today I get the stitches removed. It's time as they have started itching a bit.
That is good news!

Yeah, those big plastic ones might work. I'd think you'd need something in them for the bird to get a foot hold. Yours lay just fine on the bare plastic or do you put something in them? I was going to order the ones Opa used for his, but the shipping is almost as much as the pads. It's still a lot cheaper than a premade rollout box...I found some similar pads on Amazon, I'm just not sure if the weft is directional like the Cutler supply ones are. They looked like hard spikes :confused:
I have used these. The do work.

Mine like this one and it works well for me:

https://www.premier1supplies.com/p/chickbox?cat_id=205

Back
Top Bottom