BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.
squirrel coffee.jpg

Cold, but beautiful this morning - no wind - so far.
Same here. That wind! It was BRUTAL yesterday. Bright sun to warm you but the wind ripped it away before it did any good. When I was out running the dogs, I felt noticably warmer on the wooded trails where the wind was blocked but then was a nervous wreck about a big dead tree branch falling down and de-nogginizing me.

Same here. That wind! It was BRUTAL yesterday. Bright sun to warm you but the wind ripped it away before it did any good. When I was out running the dogs, I felt noticably warmer on the wooded trails where the wind was blocked but then was a nervous wreck about a big dead tree branch falling down and de-nogginizing me.
You can imagine the 'FUN' at the ball game yesterday. Generally on the windy days I try to work the dogs in the swampy more wooded area of the club. Anymore with all the dead ash trees looking for an excuse to fall I no longer do that.

Last edited:

De-nogginizing isn't good!

Good morning Cafe ☕

I *think* I'm still waiting for my Jubilee Orpington to start laying at 38 weeks. Unless she is laying 51 gram eggs to start with. I have never seen her in the nest box, though she has looked inside them. Her comb is still on the small side, but plenty red now. :idunno

I had a 5 egg day yesterday (all the girls except the JO) and got an egg at 9:30 this morning. It's 61 grams, so I doubt it is she, but I did get a 51 gram-er yesterday, so maybe she is laying and one of the hens didn't.

Yeah, I fuss this much over my tomato starts too. That'll be in another month or so. :gig
They can lay large eggs when they start late. Hens that start at 18 weeks lay very small eggs.

We only stayed for one inning of the second game as Maggie Mae had been home alone too long - nothing was destroyed. :lau
Good girl Maggie :)
How did the second game go? I sure hope it is a lot warmer there than here!! We made 11°F today

But she turned out a good dog and Princess loves her because you trained her..
Did Sour train Maggie or trained the Princess? ;)

They can lay large eggs when they start late. Hens that start at 18 weeks lay very small eggs.
I'm wondering about Nyx, my black "supposed to be a true Ameraucana" with 5 toes/foot. Got a smallish greenish egg yesterday. It may be her first or Penelope's (2015 girl) first of the year, not sure which. Given 5 toes are SOP for only 5 breeds of chicken I have no idea what Meyer has in their Blue Ameraucana breeding pool but someone shouldn't be there. I suspect I'll not be getting true blue eggs from her so Selene better step up!!

Back
Top Bottom