BYC Café

Good afternoon Cafe!

Last night two of my Marans were missing at roosting time.

We went out with torches to find out what happened and finally found one of them amidst the Bamboo half eaten. Looked like a raccoon victim. The other one disappeared without a trace.

So we are busy increasing the protection level and will set traps again.

Do you have a temporary cover for the BD while you sort the rest of it out?
No but it's just me in there and any dirt or sand that I get in there I can just vacuum out before I put down the liner.
I've decided that I'm going to pack dry concrete where the groundwater is flowing through the worst at the wall bases, widen the base of the wall there, smooth everything out with sand, and then put scrap carpet on top of all of that to try to have a semi-firm base to walk on when I'm spreading out the liner. I think that will work.

We went to the Michigan Irish Music Festival yesterday. I got to hear my favorite band, Crossbow, sing one of my favorite of their songs, Bottom of the River. Then later, I saw the singer and was able to tell her how much I enjoy her singing, especially that song.

Crossbow is 7 kids (young enough to be my kids, so, kids) who went to Grand Valley State University. They have Talent, capital T. Claire (the lead singer) has Pipes, capital P.

We went to the Michigan Irish Music Festival yesterday. I got to hear my favorite band, Crossbow, sing one of my favorite of their songs, Bottom of the River. Then later, I saw the singer and was able to tell her how much I enjoy her singing, especially that song.

Crossbow is 7 kids (young enough to be my kids, so, kids) who went to Grand Valley State University. They have Talent, capital T. Claire (the lead singer) has Pipes, capital P.
Sounds like a fun day! Did you ask for her autograph? I'm sure she would have been thrilled to give it.

I was in an unbelievable rush to try to get the underlayment in and then the liner installed to the bottom drain and the pond filling up before too much of the sidewalls collapsed. So I didn't get a lot of pictures.
It took four of us to position the liner and get it into the pond. My neighbors help me out. Cost me 18 eggs.
IMG_20220918_163203957.jpg

This poor girl is having a hard molt but is handling it well. I'll sneak her a good chunk of sardine later when nobody else is looking!

IMG_20220918_164436996.jpg

Look at that prickly fanny!
IMG_20220918_165108580.jpg

Back
Top Bottom