BYC Café

Big 'Got It Done' for my day.

Part of coop flooring that bends up the wall a couple inches, and should have been tacked down to begin with, curled in enough to start packing bedding behind and under pushing it out further. Noticed a couple years in, didn't think it was a big deal, but it kept getting worse and worse...and there was a tear in the flooring(that I made worse prepping for the fix), that's what really lit the fire.

Finally decided to do something about it. Simple to screw a board in place to 'fix' it, right?

First needed to get all the bedding out of there, first with hands then haul shop vac out to get most the rest, went smoother than I'd feared.

Then needed a board ~1x2", didn't have one, so moved van out of garage, got saw horses in place, screwed a 1x4 to them and ripped that sucker in half with the circular saw.

Few pilot holes drilled, a little muscle to push flooring back into place, and Viola!

Glad that last part went smooth, cause kneeling on the floor, even with a cushion, kills my knees and legs. I'll be hurting later, but sure glad I got 'er done!
It ain't pretty, but should stop the 'bad'.
1603553631564.png

Didn't get a before shot, but looked much like this(should probably do this side too).
1603553576978.png

Attachments

• 1603553631564.png
    1603553631564.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
Good morning, Cafe! It's a multiple pots of coffee kind of day.

Good luck on your project, DL. Wishing you a better day :hugs

Nice work, Aart! I'll bet you're glad that's taken care of. Going to put the "screw the board to saw horse" trick in my memory bank.

I think we're at about 18". My husband has been plowing since 5am. Nahla is tickled:
PXL_20201024_151342142.PORTRAIT-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

All three chicken coops got a new dose of shavings, a cup of mealworms and a handful of apples. They look much happier!

Big 'Got It Done' for my day.

Part of coop flooring that bends up the wall a couple inches, and should have been tacked down to begin with, curled in enough to start packing bedding behind and under pushing it out further. Noticed a couple years in, didn't think it was a big deal, but it kept getting worse and worse...and there was a tear in the flooring(that I made worse prepping for the fix), that's what really lit the fire.

Finally decided to do something about it. Simple to screw a board in place to 'fix' it, right?

First needed to get all the bedding out of there, first with hands then haul shop vac out to get most the rest, went smoother than I'd feared.

Then needed a board ~1x2", didn't have one, so moved van out of garage, got saw horses in place, screwed a 1x4 to them and ripped that sucker in half with the circular saw.

Few pilot holes drilled, a little muscle to push flooring back into place, and Viola!

Glad that last part went smooth, cause kneeling on the floor, even with a cushion, kills my knees and legs. I'll be hurting later, but sure glad I got 'er done!
It ain't pretty, but should stop the 'bad'.
View attachment 2385353
Didn't get a before shot, but looked much like this(should probably do this side too).
View attachment 2385350
Nice!

Good morning, Cafe! It's a multiple pots of coffee kind of day.

Good luck on your project, DL. Wishing you a better day :hugs

Nice work, Aart! I'll bet you're glad that's taken care of. Going to put the "screw the board to saw horse" trick in my memory bank.

I think we're at about 18". My husband has been plowing since 5am. Nahla is tickled:
View attachment 2385364
All three chicken coops got a new dose of shavings, a cup of mealworms and a handful of apples. They look much happier!
Thanks for the snow pictures!

Back
Top Bottom