BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi greentree! Sorry to hear about your order.

I am just checking in to say nothing like cleaning a chicken coop to chase whatever crud I felt like I had away.. I am tired but I feel like I accomplished something.
smile.png
Must have just been "Morning Crud" or something... It was probably all the warm wishes of get well from here that did it. Magic Hooker Sister Wishes!

And today, my girls gave me 21 eggs again! I think I mentioned that before, but that means only 2 of my ladies aren't laying. Time to get the Retired Hens Suites done so that I can separate the ones I think aren't laying and see what's up.
smile.png
Who knows, maybe if I get them separated they will start laying too!
yippiechickie.gif

I am off to wait for kiddo's bus. See you all maybe later tonight, otherwise hope everyone has a great night!

What did you order from Herrscners Nancy? I love all their stuff..in fact in the new Mary Maxim catalog I got yesterday,t hey actually DO have the same spider kits I ordered last year... order yourself a catalog as I cannot see them on the webpage but they are in the catalog, no. 9200 I think ..marymaxim.com

I started on my retro circles and they are gonna be sooooo pretty and that caron yarn is so nice to work with!! Still waiting on my "chocolate" color that was backordered, otherwise I have 4 rows on 20 circles done. Then it's hexagons, triangles and spring squares!!!

Have a great day ya'll!!!!

You were missed, Your majesty!
Your humble servant requests bling when you get back from planting.
wink.png

Myself, I am going to hole up with a book or something and hide. It's a hibernation, eat bon bons sort of day. Wish I had some bon bons.... did I say book? I meant hook...

Last edited:
SE, I ordered Red Heart Zoomy yarn, has some wool in it, for shawl in Crochet Today magazine (i know, REALLY addicted when you buy the MAGAZINE!!!). I was in Hobby Lobby in Kentucky, and bought some fluffy stuff that seemed right for it, in my friend's favorite eggplant color, so I could go ahead and start her shawl.... The gauge works out, but it is NOT the right size!!!! These shawls are doomed!!! In the mag piture, it covers the girl almost to her elbow, and the one I am working on MIGHT do that on a child!
th.gif

Glad you WORKED out of your funk, Risu!! I have GOT to go out there and seperate chickens, my pullets are starting to lay, and they are in a pen with no nests!! 21 eggs a day is good, how many hens do you have?

Nancy

Hi everybody!!!!!!
frow.gif

Just wanted check in to say hello!!!!!

Nancy I sure hope your order comes soon. That has to be frustrating!!!!!! :mad:

I have about 21 or 22 squares done, so looks like I'll finally be finsihed w/ them by the weekend.
bun.gif

OOOh Scrambled I can't wait to see your new afghan. Hope your chocholate comes in soon. Is this an afghan for keeps or a gift?

Yea!!!!
clap.gif
Queen Scoot is back! Yes....you were missed!!!!
smile.png
How are your new babies?

risurocket I hope you have a relaxing day w/ your hook, book and go find some chocolate.
wink.png

Ok, I really am off to get chicken/turkey supplies b/c I never went yesterday.
fl.gif

Have a great day!
smile.png

Definitely need chocolate.

I think I have cabin fever. DH gets the car most of the time now during the week and our process of getting another one is taking awhile...

greentree, I have 23 hens, so only two of them are not laying, and most of them lay every day. I hope that I will have as good of luck continuing over the winter.

I am off to find that chocolate. Have good days all!
20.gif

omg risurocket I laughed so hard at your choc bunny eating smiley!!

I know how you feel about the cabin fever. We have a similar situation. Though we have two cars, we can't really afford the gas for me and the kids to go anywhere that often right now. Thank God I'm in school this semester!! It gives me a bit of a break from the "cabin" Last semester DH was in school but I wasn't and we only had one car. That was terrible.

I hope that you are able to have a guilt free, cozy relaxing day. Sometimes we just need those.
hugs.gif

Yay!!!! Scoots back!!! Of course we missed you!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Risu, wow!! That is really good to get an egg every day!! Are they Leghorns?

It is actually raining here, and I need some chicken feed, too, but I don't want to spend the fuel to go, either. they will have to get closer to running out, and I need something else, then I'll go.....

Our friend fed the chickens while we were gone, and boy, did they LOVE him!! I guesss that's what it was, because I left my 2 bins FULL, and he bought an ADDITIONAL 150 lbs of feed!!!! We were gone 10 days! They never eat like that for me!! That's 40 lbs a day! I need to sell some chickens.......

Have a good day...I am off to work on my child-sized shawl....

Nancy

smile.png
I have 6 leghorns and the rest are red and black sex links, or some mix of those...both the black and the red ones seem too pretty to just be straight sex-links, but I don't really know because I haven't seen any that someone told me were "only" links. My black ones all have iridescent green in their feathers and my reds almost look like gold laced ones. *shrug* There are pics (not very close up ones though) on my site. DH wants to get the updated ones of the completed coop up as well.

Off to do some more vegging. Thank you Okiemommy, the guilt free relaxing is the key. Tuning out has been a bit of a challenge though because my brain keeps going back to thinking about things like introducing new birds and the fact that we have a mink running around on the property...Our coop and run are very secure, but I know those to be famous last words sometimes too....

I will attempt to turn off my brain for now and since I am trying not to worry about chickens, you may not see me on BYC for a little while...

Last edited:
OMG!!! risurocket that smiley is hilarious!!!!! Darnit, there is no chocolate in my house.
barnie.gif
I live w/ health food freaks!!!!!

Yahoo on your girls popping the eggs out for you.
yippiechickie.gif
I wish I knew who wasn't laying in my older flock. It's rare that I get 14 from them. I guess I get about an average of 9, but a few are molting. My 4 new EE pullets are laying really well, but none from my Ameraucanas yet.
pop.gif

Nancy I had to laugh when I read that you didn't want to get feed today.
lol.png
That was my thoughts exactly! I didn't want to go today either, but I didn't go yesterday and I poured the last bit of turkey food into their bowl this am. How ironic it decided to rain on my drive home. It rained down buckets. I forgot to get oyster shell to.
th.gif

The good news about the rain is that DD soccer practice is cancelled. Yahooo!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Dh has a business meeting, so I can be a bachelorette, eat what ever I want & crochet. Oh yea, I'll have to fix my Miss Vegetarian DD something.
lau.gif

Okiemom that's great that you are taking some classes. I bet that keeps you really busy.
smile.png

OK, gotta go find rabbit food for DD. I'm so sick of eating all the green stuff.
lau.gif
Give me a steak!!!!!!
barnie.gif
AND CHOCOLATE!!!!!! Oh well, I do have some atomic fireballs somewhere in the pantry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom