BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the pics! Let me know what you think...

2008_11_Shawl0013.jpg

2008_11_Shawl0010.jpg

Goodnight!
Kay

Last edited:
Quote:
Huh? who? Me? Did I say something about turtles? I might have. It has been a crazy day and apparently just an all around nutso week. Something in the air.

I haven't been able to sit still long enough to concentrate on anything and I definitely haven't accomplished anything, but dang I sure have been busy. Maybe the aliens are back.

Anyway...distractions galore and I will have to round them all back up and lock them away so I can get things done tomorrow. No running errands ... and the book fair is done! woo hoo, that should help!

Good night all! Enjoy your night caps and coziness and hope your mornings are grand tomorrow.

ooo, another pretty shawl.
smile.png
Oh and Skand, that extra edging on your count, maybe you were just praying really hard in that section and so those are just extra prayer strands.
wink.png

Last edited:
And btw - I haven't seen the new show on Discovery, but what do you mean WE talk funny? Last time I listened to anyone around here, WE sound normal!

LOL!!! I had the same thing happen in Arizona once and I really don't "drawl" too much myself! Funny!! I guess this discovery channel thing is what I got mixed up..somehow..don't even ask me how, lol!..with the snapping tutles Shanah!!! Yes crazy I know!!!
lol.png
lol.png

Thank you Maw! BTW..I wasn't "yelling" with the caps..just hoping to catch your attention there..we are pretty active on this thread and there are ALOT of posts to catch up on if you miss one so that was the reason...love you and sure didn't mean to sound like a biotch!!!
wink.png

LC...that afghan is AWESOME!!!! LOVE those colors, soft looking too...very, very pretty!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Definately gonna get the Spring Swap list started this weekend, have to hunt up some cool graphics for my list, already have 10 people confirmed so recruit, recruit, recruit ya'll!! We are quickly becoming the coffee clache of the web for crochet talk, chicken chat and good ole friendships!!!! It's really an honor to be a part of a group that is so warm and caring and open to welcoming new folks like old friends...you all are the glue that holds this thread together..THANK YOU!!!!! You're the best!! Over time I have joined a few of those other crochet sites but just stop going there becasue it's hard to get to know people and personally I would rather spend my internet time here with ya'll..hope others and new folks feel the same way too!!! If ya'll have suggestions for Maw and I for making this thread a better place to be..please let us know!!! Let's see if we can get 40 people in our Spring Swap...that's the goal...are you up to the challenges that presents?!!! Means 40 items each and making sure we actually have 40 warm bodies!!! Better get busy hookin and recruiting!!​

Last edited:
Count the Queen in on the spring swap!!!

this place is as far as im concerned!!!
we do do alot of but we also have too!!! welcome to all the new members!

TGIF!!! thats all i gottas say.
well off to feed the farm....i'll check in with y'all later as ds and i and his gf are going to Joplin MO today to the mall to do some Christmas shopping!! so i gotta bounce!

Last edited:
Scoot, you would be so much fun to hang out with!!!! Let's all head to Oklahoma and spend the day shopping with the Queen....hey, is the King going with you, lol!!! Doesn't every Queen have her King? Is Elvis your man?!! lol! I hear he's a hunka hunka burnin love!!!! well,,,maybe cold dead love, but stick those blue suede shoes back on him and there you go..hunka hunka cold dead burnin love, lol!!!

thsmiley-santa.gif

SECRET SANTA PROJECT!!! SIGN-UP OPEN!

Please do not feel obligated just because you belong to the crochet swap! NO OBLIGATION!!!
thchristmas9.gif

Rules:Sign - Up Closes: November 15th

Secret Santa Items: Must be a HANDMADE item of reasonable cost or investment. For example .... if I were to crochet a long scarf out of nice yarn and add a spider ornament to that, I would think that would be a nice gift...if I made a record bowl with the crocheted washcloths and the music cd and music soap like I plan to make for my co-workers, that would seem like a nice gift to me too...you all are talented and what you make does not need to cost much, just be thoughtful about it and it will mean the world to whoever gets it, I'm sure
wink.png
thchristmas8.gif

Santa Assignment: On November 16th, every person on the list will be sent the name of their "secret" person. Please do not reveal which name you have!!! It is a "SECRET"!!! I will send you the name and address of your "secret" person and you will be required to make them something and have it shipped to them no later than December 15th. Only after or during shipping are you to reveal to the person that you are their Secret Santa!!

How to sign up: Send me a pm with your name and address and you will be added to the list. Only myself and the person you are assigned to will be given your name and address.
thchristmas13.gif

Feel free to save your present until Christmas or open it when you get it..either way, please take a picture and share the fun experience with the rest of us!!! The main objective here is to have fun with this project..simple, easy and fun!!!

This would be a great time to recruit new members to this thread!!
thsantagif.jpg

LIST:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) Organizer
2. Mawchickkide - (Jessica)
3. Athena - (Athena)
4. EastTnChick- (Steph)
5. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
6. AmyQuilt - (Amy)
7. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
8. No Chicks Here - (Susan)
9. Risurocket - (Shanah)
10. Guitarists - (Angie)