BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been searching the web for yarn that is affordable or even better cheap or on sale. Anyone know any good sites?
All I have around here is Chinamart and they are constantly shrinking their selection of yarn. Just the other day i was there and bought some Caron simply soft yellow and a few weeks later they are sold out and not going to restock! I hate that store!
he.gif

Last edited:
science_hibernation_s.gif
That's officially me, ladies and gents! I am going to snuggle up and get into reading/hooking/holiday mode. I am so stressed and not feeling very Christmasy, and I just need to focus. Maybe actually make cookies or something. *sigh*

I am sorry to see others seemed as stressed as me, and more so! Em, hang in there, God must feel you need to be home. We will be glad to see you around here more.

Karan, I will be watching my email for the hibernation map.
wink.png
as long as I can bring my book, my laptop, my hook and chocolate, I think we will be good.

SE good luck with that evil sounding yarn lady. Algo, I will look around, but I think SE might have better resources aside from her evil yarn lady. Are you looking for specific colors?

frow.gif
Chuck, nice to see you here and researching. Careful, don't wanna have to fight ya for "Professor" title though.
wink.png
Actually I welcome research help.
wink.png

Good night and All in the Snow/Ice storms' paths, Hang in there, stay cozy and come visit with us around the Hookin' fire.

Well with the crummy weather everybody is having guess I'll have to bring out the Electric roaster oven and start baking cookies and bread, pull out a chicken from the freezer and thaw it and cook it.

Oh wait, I just remembered, I have homemade chili in the freezer and Chicken Navy Bean Soup too. I can pull those out and put them in the slow cookers.

Then we can sit around and hook and kevtch about anything we desire.
lau.gif

For those in the path of the storms, stay warm, find someone or something to cuddle up with, put on some Christmas Music and make some Hot Chocolate and watch the storm through the windows.

Quote:
ooh Mangled!...i SOOoo remember those days of working short in nursing homes...it is hell!...and the residents DO suffer...because the staff can NOT do a complete/caring job with them being under staffed!....not to mention the laws reguarding staff/resident ratios!...i am glad you stood your ground (but not glad you lost your job)..because it IS an important thing to be concerned about!...and also... god forbid..if something happend on an under staffed floor(falls...neglect report *due to under staffing*...fire...anything!..)..the first person the state goes after is NOT the ones that called out...but the one responsible for staffing the floors....if you dont have your DON's and the administrators support in this..its NOT youre fault!(please remember this)....i just feel bad for the residents...so sorry to hear about this mess!....i have lived it many times....(but i was the one working short!...
roll.png
..)...Kudos to you!, Wendy

15.gif
to the newbies!!! kids finally have school..LOL they go today and tomorrow...then are on christmas vacation. things are rough here right now.. DD who is 17 wants to get herself emancipated so she can go move in with her BF. she has become mouthy as all heck! and just plain wont listen and does as she pleases!1 ooops sorry gals didnt mean to vent out on ya's! anyways its gonna warm up here today and tomorrow then we get ready for round 2. Rocket im comming to hibernate with y'alls! well off to do barn chores and to clean house( i hope it sure needs it after 3 days of the teens being home!!) LOL ttfn!!!

Chix..why are you leaving?????? You were making great progress on your squares and you have until May!!! Not taking you off the list that fast!!!! We love having you here and this crochet thing is not hard, try circles, they are a breeze..lionbrand.com has circle dishcloth patterns..youtube videos for help and crochetcabana.com for step by step..please dont quit!!!

http://www.debbiemumm.com/Projects/ you all will flip out when you see this afghan..wow!!! Love it!!! That would make some nice gifts next year!!!

Ya'll need to check the crafts and the sewing threads on this forum for some really great ideas!!! Gonna make those pincushions like the Debbie Mum ones when I get some felt!!

My kids have school Monday and Tuesday next week as well.
I am sorry about your job Mangled. The medical field is good though right? You should be able to find another job soon. It sounds like you are a hard worker and have a lot of experience. Good luck!
Good morning everyone!
Still working on finals, but I am gaining ground! wooo hooo!
woot.gif

d440bd0ac7dd.jpg

I will be lurking today.
Algo, I will try to find a cheap yarn source for you...if I have time...

good luck everyone working hard and playing hard and getting ready for winter storms.

Chuck, I am headed to your house. Ladies, did you see how that guy can cook???

Thanks for all the concerned PM's. I'm ok. Nothing is wrong. Actually things are going great and my crocheting is coming along nicely. I'm very proud of myself.
tongue.png
I am not signing off the thread just the swap. I just don't know how I'm going to get all that done plus the projects I want to do myself. I think I have too many hobbies and responsibilities.
wink.png
I love to scrapbook too.My hubby works nights and I work days so my free time is very limited with 2 small children, plus he is a volunteer firefighter and EMT. So he's always doing that stuff.

Quote:
The more the merrier!
lau.gif
I started cooking for my family when I was 14 years old. I come from a family of 9 children, and my mother had a stroke when I was that age. So I miss cooking for a large family at times.
pop.gif
Also I was a cook in the Army many years ago.

Stay safe and warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom