BYC gardening thread!!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Mar 7, 2013.

1. No

8 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. Yes

459 vote(s)
    96.0%
  3. Have in the past

11 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

We tried our own potatoes for the first time today. Lovely new potatoes, they tasted great.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Alien life form spawn. Got any crop circles near by??? Just kidding! It looks like some sort of fungus. Probably nothing to worry about. Our soil is full of fungus, and it's part of the natural process along with bacteria to break down plant material into compost. If it spreads, you might try altering the pH a bit, spray with a weak vinegar solution. or a weak baking powder solution. If it were in my garden, I'd just watch it and see what it does. If you see any little green guys running around, that means you should have destroyed it.

1 person likes this.
  3. ducksanddoxies

ducksanddoxies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2014
    Arkansas
    It's sp

It's spread a little . Nothing on the plants though. Will check it out in the morning. Thanks .

4. ChickenPapaCT

ChickenPapaCT Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2014
    Southern CT
    Call MIB (Men in Black) ASAP!
    [​IMG]

5. ducksanddoxies

Jun 6, 2014
    Arkansas

Well if it is spreading, it's not doing it very fast.

6. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I once had an alien life form show up in my garden. It looked like a species of Lichen, but it was too green to be that. I watched it for one full summer, then, the following spring, it morphed into it's true state. (Insert spooky music here!) Little ferns sprouted out of the flat growth!

1 person likes this.
  7. City farm

City farm Overrun With Chickens

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
    Wonderful. . Love the photos. .

8. City farm

City farm Overrun With Chickens

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
    our lotus pond plant. Its only been about 5 days but it is growing wonderfully..
    [​IMG]

9. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

@City farm Thank you, we had another batch of potatoes today again, this time with some Krakova and Bratwurst sausages, grilled.

10. ducksanddoxies

Jun 6, 2014
    Arkansas
    Been piddling in the garden today. Weeding, pulling up plants. We tend to have a long growing season in south Arkansas however we've had a cooler summer than normal. So, I'm seeing if I can get another round of planting. Planted some carrots and lettuce and peas. My cukes, okra,peppers, and tomatoes are still producing. My summer squash has done squat. I'm debating on pulling them up and trying something else or giving them another chance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by