• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
Pics
Today I planted some Asparagus, some beans, and a few Squash seeds! (Planted indoors, and I will transplant to garden later in the year) I also hope to plant carrots, Potatoes, and Lettuce as well!

What are you going to plant?
My fiance and I (farmguy2007) are starting our first garden together. We plan to plant a LOT. Not only do we have to build a chicken coop these next few weeks, we have tons of landscaping to do and I can't wait! I want to see fresh food being grown. I want to be self-sufficient! I want flowers and fruit trees and foraging ground for the chickens... we've got it all planned out!! We just bought this house in November and we have a good bit of land for such a thing. So bring on spring! It's getting warmer and I'm getting antsier! I will post lots of photos of our progress along the way.

We have planted zucchini, chamomille, peppers, tomatoes, hyssop, and borage. They aren't outside yet but that day is coming soooooon.......
woot.gif

My fiance and I (farmguy2007) are starting our first garden together. We plan to plant a LOT. Not only do we have to build a chicken coop these next few weeks, we have tons of landscaping to do and I can't wait! I want to see fresh food being grown. I want to be self-sufficient! I want flowers and fruit trees and foraging ground for the chickens... we've got it all planned out!! We just bought this house in November and we have a good bit of land for such a thing. So bring on spring! It's getting warmer and I'm getting antsier! I will post lots of photos of our progress along the way.

We have planted zucchini, chamomille, peppers, tomatoes, hyssop, and borage. They aren't outside yet but that day is coming soooooon.......
woot.gif
Awesome!! We've planted 24 beans seeds, 4 Squash seeds, and 2 Asparagus seeds in the house. (using peat moss pellets)
:)

heres a list of what im growing this year.
giant pumpkins, 1443.5 ellsworth and 1622 young
12 types of radishes
2 types of beans 3/4 pound
3 types of peas 1/2 pound
2 types of cucumbers
zucchini
summer squash
egg plant
7 types of lettuce
celery
3 types of turnips
rutabaga
2 types of carrots
parsnips
okra
2 types of beets
6 types of tomato
5 types of giant tomato
5 types of peppers
os cross cabbage
potatoes
onions
planted last fall
straw berries
rhubarb

Last edited:
Here's our garden plan so far for this year ... it's always subject to change as we have space and ideas. Lol.
2 kinds of potatoes - yukon gold, kennebec
cutting lettuce mix
romaine lettuce
radishes
top setting radishes
broccoli rabe
beets
spinach
celery - self seeded from last year absolutely everywhere
dinosaur kale
14 varieties of tomato
cucumbers
asparagus
multiple varieties of winter squash - marina di chiogga, ironbark, butternut, jumbo pink banana, cushaw white, hopi
melons - yellow watermelon, ananas, toad skin, ineya, and another I can't remember the name of
okra
artichokes
green beans
asparagus beans
red noodle beans
nasturtians
cabbage
broccoli
onions
strawberries
grapes
currants
blueberries
cherries
apples
basil
parsley
sage
marjoram
mint
carrots
sorghum
blackberries

I hope it all grows and produces this year.

Here's our garden plan so far for this year ... it's always subject to change as we have space and ideas. Lol.
2 kinds of potatoes - yukon gold, kennebec
cutting lettuce mix
romaine lettuce
radishes
top setting radishes
broccoli rabe
beets
spinach
celery - self seeded from last year absolutely everywhere
dinosaur kale
14 varieties of tomato
cucumbers
asparagus
multiple varieties of winter squash - marina di chiogga, ironbark, butternut, jumbo pink banana, cushaw white, hopi
melons - yellow watermelon, ananas, toad skin, ineya, and another I can't remember the name of
okra
artichokes
green beans
asparagus beans
red noodle beans
nasturtians
cabbage
broccoli
onions
strawberries
grapes
currants
blueberries
cherries
apples
basil
parsley
sage
marjoram
mint
carrots
sorghum
blackberries

I hope it all grows and produces this year.

:eek: That's a lot!

heres a list of what im growing this year.
giant pumpkins, 1443.5 ellsworth and 1622 young
12 types of radishes
2 types of beans 3/4 pound
3 types of peas 1/2 pound
2 types of cucumbers
zucchini
summer squash
egg plant
7 types of lettuce
celery
3 types of turnips
rutabaga
2 types of carrots
parsnips
okra
2 types of beets
6 types of tomato
5 types of giant tomato
5 types of peppers
potatoes
onions
planted last fall
straw berries
rhubarb
Nice! Have you grown Okra before? I should try it! :)

Back
Top Bottom