BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Hi all. I just came across this post for knitters. I too am an avid knitter. I'm on the needles every single day as many times a day as I can manager. I'm lost without it.
big_smile.png

I love to knit everything but my favorite is socks. I've always got a pair or two in the works. I really enjoy working on the double points!

Glad to meet you all!

As a VERY new knitter, I have to say that Lyon brand 'homespun' yarn is NOT for beginners to try to work with!!!
he.gif

I loved the texture and the colors available, but LOATHE that little strand of fiber that I’m sure is important to give it strength but also slips behind the needles OH so quickly!!! I keep trying and trying though,
knitting-1.gif
I really don’t want to give up, even though my friends tell me to try something easier first!!
duckie.gif

Quote:
I also tried to learn knitting using Lion Brand Homespun. Wasn't the best. I think a less textured but still chunky yarn on 13 needles is the easiest way to learn. You can really see your stitches and what you are doing. I taught both of my daughters this way.

I love the Homespun yarn. I made a lap blanket out of it, using size 13 or 15 bamboo needles. I just kept my stitches fairly loose to avoid splitting the yarn.

chel

I agree that it's much easier to learn to knit with a smooth yarn, than it is with fuzzy type yarns.

Wolfbird_94, are you knitting every row? If you knit every row, both sides of your piece will look the same. If you alternate one row of knitting with one row of pearling, that's the stockinette stitch. The stockinette stitch looks smoother, with Vs on the right side and bumpier, with loops, like the knit stitch, on the wrong side. Is that what you possibly mean?

Or do you just have an occasional bump on the back side?

Back
Top Bottom