BYC members in Massachusetts?

Thank you. My daughter has amazon prime, I will ask her to search for it. Right now birds are not really around the yard, but come spring it gets rediculous hawks included.
I was out in the backyard the other day and three hawks appeared over head. A little early I think. But I’ve noticed some other birds that usually show up at the end of winter so I’m hoping that’s an indication of an early Spring.

Hi ya, Mass folks! I only just discovered state threads here. What a nice thing. I am in Eastern Mass, just south of Boston. I will be reading back, since I am such a newbie. I have 6 chicks ordered from Meyers Hatchery in late April. The timing is both good (for the chicks) and unlucky (in that they mature in the fall :( ) Ah, well. 3 Buckeye hens and 2 Golden Buff hens plus a MealMaker hen to be named later. (I hope they really are all hens!)

I look forward to meeting you all!

Our snow and ice has not really melted yet. I have hopes for this afternoon and later this week. Thank heavens that most years, the snow and ice do not last very long where I am. But I do dread how to handle winter with chickens! I have read how to add panels along the pen walls to block winds and snow/rain, leaving a foot open at the top for ventilation (and covers over the top of the pen). I wish I could construct a covered, semi-walled walkway for myself!!

Hi ya, Mass folks! I only just discovered state threads here. What a nice thing. I am in Eastern Mass, just south of Boston. I will be reading back, since I am such a newbie. I have 6 chicks ordered from Meyers Hatchery in late April. The timing is both good (for the chicks) and unlucky (in that they mature in the fall :( ) Ah, well. 3 Buckeye hens and 2 Golden Buff hens plus a MealMaker hen to be named later. (I hope they really are all hens!)

I look forward to meeting you all!
Welcome! I too am south of Boston, near the RI border. Buckeyes and Buffs sound like lovely choices. Can't wait to read about your new chicken raising experiences!

Just found this thread! I am in SE Mass! I have 7 pullets (will be a year in April) and one surprise Roo (ok cockerel really). I just placed an order for 8 more chicks, but if all are pullets as they should be and live then I will be re-homing some most likely. I am also hoping to get some from another local feed store but they are first come first serve so not sure I will be able to get those ones. And hoping to hatch out some Cochin chicks and keep a couple of those for a total of 10 new chicks after I re-home any extras this year. :)

Just found this thread! I am in SE Mass! I have 7 pullets (will be a year in April) and one surprise Roo (ok cockerel really). I just placed an order for 8 more chicks, but if all are pullets as they should be and live then I will be re-homing some most likely. I am also hoping to get some from another local feed store but they are first come first serve so not sure I will be able to get those ones. And hoping to hatch out some Cochin chicks and keep a couple of those for a total of 10 new chicks after I re-home any extras this year. :)
Hi there! :frow Sounds like a great flock so far with more chicks to come. What breeds do you have?

Back
Top Bottom