Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've looking into the issues raised, but often when it's just impacting one or two of our literally millions of visitors, it's very hard to troubleshoot (vs. a problem that many members are having).

We need to be able to clearly reproduce the problems to fix them, so we need as much info from our members as possible (screenshots, links, step-by-step repeatable ways to duplicate the problem, etc.) to find a fix.

Otherwise, it's like finding a needle in a 2-million visitor haystack.

Ok, I have one I don't know if you can do or not. When you click the "watch" button to subscribe, it asks you if you want e-mail notifications, could you add the push notifications to that?

What I would love to be able to do is to have push notifications that alert me when I am quoted or mentioned on all threads (already setup for that) but a way I could have alerts for new posts on CERTAIN threads. I follow some fast moving ones and if I get all alerts on those threads I would go insane and my phone would die, but there are some slower moving ones or ones that are a little more time sensitive that I would like to know when someone posts to it no matter if they tag me or not.

Like I said, might not be something that can be done in the software and if so, not a huge problem, just a wishlist item.

Ok, I have one I don't know if you can do or not. When you click the "watch" button to subscribe, it asks you if you want e-mail notifications, could you add the push notifications to that?

What I would love to be able to do is to have push notifications that alert me when I am quoted or mentioned on all threads (already setup for that) but a way I could have alerts for new posts on CERTAIN threads. I follow some fast moving ones and if I get all alerts on those threads I would go insane and my phone would die, but there are some slower moving ones or ones that are a little more time sensitive that I would like to know when someone posts to it no matter if they tag me or not.

Like I said, might not be something that can be done in the software and if so, not a huge problem, just a wishlist item.
Click on your User button next to the conversation button, click on Preferences scroll down and checkmark all of the push notifications that you want to receive. If you have Push notifications enabled that and clicking on Save should get you the Push notifications that you wish to receive.

Click on your User button next to the conversation button, click on Preferences scroll down and checkmark all of the push notifications that you want to receive. If you have Push notifications enabled that and clicking on Save should get you the Push notifications that you wish to receive.
I have done that, but there is no thread to thread control. It is forum wide. For emails I can individually choose if I want e-mail notification for certain threads or not when I watch the thread as well as forum wide in the account settings.

Hey all, we're closing this thread to new posts. If you're having any issues please check out the troubleshooting info / steps here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-to-troubleshoot-report-problems.1173246/

Then search to see if others are having issues in this section.

If you still have a problem after doing those two things, please start a new thread with TONS of detail, screenshots, and exact steps to duplicate the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom