Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can type the emojis from your phone keyboard, the site now supports all unicode emojis.
Oh....let me try. 😄 awesome. Also any one else notice it says "reacted" now instead of "quoted"? "Reacted" seems a little too much...almost aggressive. Maybe responded might be better wordage. Sorry I'm a graphic designer😉

Alerts are still there.

Yes I can access the Alerts page, but I don't see the little box on the top right that listed the 5 (or so) most Recent posts. It also had tabs for 2 other kinds of posts, but I never used those. I would just check the Alerts page for updates, and then glance at the Recent posts window. If I saw an interesting one, or something I could help with, I would check it out.

Oh....let me try. 😄 awesome. Also any one else notice it says "reacted" now instead of "quoted"? "Reacted" seems a little too much...almost aggressive. Maybe responded might be better wordage. Sorry I'm a graphic designer😉
The reacted phrasing has replaced liked, not quoted.
I hate it. What? I'm at the end of my seventh decade. Hating change is baked into the cake.

I didn't think BYC was broken and needed fixing. Now the BYC Store sure could use an overhaul. Did you fix that department? If not, pfff.
We didn't overhaul the BYC store. The old version of the forum software that we were on was no longer supported, and no longer receiving security updates, so we had to upgrade.

Yes I can access the Alerts page, but I don't see the little box on the top right that listed the 5 (or so) most Recent posts. It also had tabs for 2 other kinds of posts, but I never used those. I would just check the Alerts page for updates, and then glance at the Recent posts window. If I saw an interesting one, or something I could help with, I would check it out.
You can access new posts here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/whats-new/
I think you were talking about a widget, not all of those have been added back yet, so I'll look into it.

Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 8.25.38 AM.png

The reacted phrasing has replaced liked, not quoted.
That's a little confusing since its still worded "like" and not "react"...if I get a "like" I usually dont check it so a "reaction" makes me think they replied. A "reaction" would only make sense if you could "hate" a post as well...which isnt really what this community is about. Not judging the decision...its just confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom