BYC's 13th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along - 2022

Pics
Time to set chicken eggs!

Set all the eggs!.jpg

I set 14 eggs yesterday.

Today one hen is acting egg lay-ish that gave up the broody. I didn't hatch any of hers yet. I will have to wait and see if I can catch one of her eggs. I don't have any other plans but one day off would not hurt.
Below is the hen a Ayam cemani/california white mix...the egg is a gray. Rooster on her is a blue feathered EE. They will produce an egg more grey/green, when the off spring hatches.
wingh.PNG

bilac.PNG

She has been more broody than a layer-grr, darn AC, but if I can catch one....

I set 9 eggs. The 6 green ones are from my Ameraucana/Rock pullet, and the 3 brown ones are, I believe, from my Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner pullet. My cockerel is an Ameraucana/Olive Egger cross. Looking forward to some pretty Easter Egger chicks in a few weeks! The father of both my cockerel and the Rock cross pullet was a recessive white Amerauaca from a Wheaten/Blue Wheaten flock, so I’m expecting a mix of black, wheaten, and white chicks from this batch of eggs. Possibly some red/buff chicks, too, though that is less likely. The chicks from the LCN will be sexlinks, technically, but I’m not sure the head spots will be visible, depending on the color of their down.

D6FE3B18-0463-4770-B8AA-BBDD38E5AC9B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom