BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I feel ashamed... I didn't hatch one single chick this year. Lost one broody and the other hasn't been interested either... *shakes head in shame* I bought chicks instead. Wanted some colors in my egg cartons..

And no I will not hatch chicks now. Chicken math is out of control.. hubby said one 15.. I have almost twice that many now... hehehehe. I don't think he even tries anymore to keep the # at 15..

OK final tally for October eggs is 44, though 2 are likely infertile. All are Silkies and Silkie crosses. First set are due to hatch this Saturday. The remaining 42 are progressing nicely in different stages of development. I do have one egg with a completely detached air cell, though it is doing well here on DAY 6 and I plan to hatch this one upright and stop turning it at day 14.😊
Good luck to all you fellow hatchers out there!❤️
Halloween will be here before we know it!😃
07083749-66DC-48D5-A713-6EC8A80D4BC8.jpeg

3 of the Silver Double Laced Barnevelders have hatched so far! They are going to hatch different days/times because the hen had way to many eggs, so when I moved her I candled and kept the ones that where close to the same progression. I also have a couple blue eggs in the incubator from my Crested Cream Legbars to hatch in a few days as well. I might already have a buyer for all of them!
IMG_1911.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom