California - Northern

Where is the best place to get Valvazen?
I got mine from the Farm Supply store. It was roughly $35.
. I'm totally math challenged plus can't find an accurate way of weighing my birds. I read that there is a narrow margin for overdose with Valbazen, so I'm concerned. Kelly, do you simply use a general size dose with all your birds?
1/2cc for all large fowl, 1/4cc for young chickens and bantams. I use a medicine syringe, fill the appropriate amount in it and dose each chicken individually. It is MUCH easier to do at night with a headlamp. They don't move around as much and you can be sure you got everyone. Pull on their wattles and their mouth will open, squirt it in and let them swallow it, then put them back on the roost. And on to the next bird.

I can even do it by myself if I have a place to sit down - put the bird between your legs. But it is easier and faster if you have someone to hold the bird.

I am talking about people that sell eggs and chicks as a business, a hatchery that does not use modern sales techniques.

hu.gif
I only want to know how they ship their eggs! As a customer I should be able to find that out and as a customer I may well decide that they are not worth the risk to use them.

The eggs were individually wrapped in newspaper and then put into a foam egg carton. The carton was taped and then placed into a box with newspapers. You can see a piece of the newspaper that was wrapped around an egg.

I am not questioning their status as a Master Breeder. Hortsman has some of the best birds in America! That egg goo represents 16 out of 30 eggs. Of course none of them hatched. Also, I did not get a replacement. If he still ships like this, then I don't want a replacement. I have just taken a loss on the purchase.

I wasn't condoning their shipping methods. I think that's awful. The point that I was trying to make was that many of the best breeders don't have the need for websites and email.

I got mine from the Farm Supply store. It was roughly $35.
1/2cc for all large fowl, 1/4cc for young chickens and bantams. I use a medicine syringe, fill the appropriate amount in it and dose each chicken individually. It is MUCH easier to do at night with a headlamp. They don't move around as much and you can be sure you got everyone. Pull on their wattles and their mouth will open, squirt it in and let them swallow it, then put them back on the roost. And on to the next bird.

I can even do it by myself if I have a place to sit down - put the bird between your legs. But it is easier and faster if you have someone to hold the bird.
Thank you Kelly! Do you dose them a second time, after 10 days? How long is the egg withdrawal period?
I paid $26. for a 100 ml bottle with 450 doses from First State Poultry Supply.

A lady with a cookie business contacted me. She is looking for a wholesale supplier of free range, pastured eggs in Sacramento. She needs about 6 dozen every 2 weeks at this point. Quality and flavor are priorities for her. I'm too far away. Any of you have suggestions for her?

Laura, maybe you could try making some "yogurt soup" for Amelia. No worries about dosage if you start with the treated water and add goodies to it. My girls love wet feed.

Thank you Kelly! Do you dose them a second time, after 10 days? How long is the egg withdrawal period?
I paid $26. for a 100 ml bottle with 450 doses from First State Poultry Supply.
Great price! Yes, re-dose them again in 10 days. Egg withdrawal is 14 days after the last dose. So you toss eggs for 24 days total.

Back
Top Bottom