California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    whhohho!

2. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

SUCH a pretty egg! Congrats!

3. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

I've decided to grow them out and see what I see...interesting for sure!

4. chicksnthestiks

chicksnthestiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Gold Country, CA
    Love the color, congrats!

5. Nikon

Nikon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    Nevada County, CA
    My Coop

not 100%. Sprinkles the OE is much sweeter than Emmet, but they both have a lot of growing up to do too. So for the mean time we are keeping both until they grow up a lot more. I already know Joe is voting for Sprinkles. The Roo that goes to our friends will get a harem of 8 or nine hens. wyandottes, an EE, some sex-links.

6. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, I am voting for Emmet to go to your friends house [​IMG] Either way, the two lucky roosters that either stay with you or go to your friends house will have super homes! [​IMG]

7. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Thought I would share some pictures of the lavender Ameraucana chicks and one BCM chick I hatched for my friend Cyndi (Zoichick) over the weekend. They are beautiful!

They would not pose as well as my other chicks though! Frisky little suckers! [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Nikon

Feb 22, 2013
    Nevada County, CA
    My Coop
    Really? Even though he's the one from you? He's gorgeous for sure! I love the blue and orange! I'm sure their personalities will change a lot as they go through chicken puberty, but so far Emmet is hard to catch and stand-offish, but Sprinkles is curious and cuddly. Even gave Sprinkles a tour around the yard as I carried him around the other day!

9. Nikon

Feb 22, 2013
    Nevada County, CA
    My Coop

All the new babies are adorable, healthy looking, bright-eyed chicks!

10. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    FCBM's don't pose well, they have attitude! ( unless you are miss molley or the sherrif.. or zoo.. or deer... or laura...k maybe they just don't pose for me!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by