California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Ijust hatched two Blue Wandotte bantams. One has a bum eye.

Send a pm if interested:

This buff chick is one of the Bantams you can see the bum eye:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  2. chicksnthestiks

chicksnthestiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Gold Country, CA
    I love that picture!

3. Miss Molly

Miss Molly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2012
    Newcastle California
    [​IMG]

They look like TURKEYS to me :)
    You are Blessed! Adorable!

4. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] How exciting! I am so envious! [​IMG] Silvers are some of the prettiest chicks!

I emailed Jean (Pips&Peeps Ameraucanas) and her Silvers aren't laying well right now [​IMG] Hopefully they will start producing again soon so she can send me eggs!

But the good news is that I went to Linda's house today and picked up the 17 blue wheaten Ameraucana eggs she collected for me [​IMG] Hope they grow this time! [​IMG]

Some of the eggs are the most beautiful sky blue color! I got to see the parent birds and they have really clean hackles, which will help my lines that tend to have too much dark streaking.

Sending good hatching vibes! [​IMG]

5. Deerling

Deerling Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    King County, WA
    Ron - Those chicks are so sweet! I pm'd you.

haha, me too! I just used a meme generator. It fits too many people here to not be made.

6. 8machines

8machines Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Pioneer, California
    Hangtown Farms, hello I am also near Placerville, off Starks Grade. What kind of a farm are you? Do you have many chickens? Thank you. Judy

7. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    OK proof sometimes they just want to live. I just had one of the silkie eggs abandoned by my last broodies set ( they of the 30 eggs)
    Hatch.upsidedown. in the smoker bator. At like 35% humidity.

I think she shall be named miss Scarlett....

8. 8machines

8machines Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Pioneer, California
    Hangtown Farms, Forgive me if I didn't inderstand, I am new to BYC. Do you sell the Ameraucana chicks or raise them yourself? I bought 3 chicks in Diamond Springs but they may be a mix. If you sell the pure bearded chicks please let me know. I would like one. Thank you.

9. ChickNmamma

ChickNmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Truely a will to survive! [​IMG]

10. ChickNmamma

ChickNmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

I believe Hangtown Farms just purchased and set some Silver Ameraucana eggs. I do not think he will be selling any chicks any time soon. Never count your chickens before they hatch.

If you are interested in Ameraucana chicks to purchase you can check the ABC website. Which color of Ameraucana were you interested in?

I am not sure what you mean by pure bearded chicks. Ameraucanas, Easter Eggers, Olive Eggers, Faverolles, Silkies and more I am sure all have beards..? I am not sure you can buy just one chick though...

Oh, and [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by