California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. threadgeek

threadgeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks, sewing is easy if you can picture things in 3D or can follow youtube tutorials. Don't be discouraged, there is a ton of good "how to" information on the web for easy sewing projects. Most fabric stores also have beginner classes too.

You should record that! I would love to hear it!

2. chicksnthestiks

chicksnthestiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Gold Country, CA
    That is great, I look forward to seeing yours also. I have seen pictures of Jeans blacks and they are awesome. ChickNmamma had told me the silver was a pretty color and she was right! I like that you can sex them early, now just have to grow them out.

3. chicksnthestiks

chicksnthestiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Gold Country, CA
    That is adorable, look at all the love!

4. Chickengirl1304

Chickengirl1304 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2012
    California
    Just started shipped eggs and incubator Is slowly coming back up to temp. Should I keep the turner off for the first day? And if I do, will it effect the other eggs that weren't shipped?

5. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    You can leave the turner off for up to 8 days. It will not hurt non shipped eggs.

I would leave it off for three days.

Happy hatching!

6. Chickengirl1304

May 5, 2012
    California
    Thank you ;) one other thing. About 80% of the eggs are pourus that I received. Is this because they're old? Or maybe shipping? Or just that way when laid?

7. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Porous is often caused by a lack of calcium in the feed. Some breeds have more porous eggs. It might be a good idea to weigh them and use the methods I posted yesterday with them. You might need to adjust the humidity because more evaporation.

8. Chickengirl1304

May 5, 2012
    California
    Oh I see ok. Thank you I will see if I can find my weight watchers scale for food lol. I think it measures in grams

9. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    So after reading and and heading up to follow Ron's advice about putting the SN in a bowl in water I found that it had wicked onto one of the cartons holding the eggs. I didn't think things through and I quickly but gently moved them from the damp carton to a dry one. Then I panicked did I just screw everything up for those eggs?

10. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    They should be fine! They get more moved around from a Broody so that will not be a problem. The humidity should not have changed too much with a quick move.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by