California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    I am actually thinking of something that when covering an EE will give me and OE sooo you have some strength in your line up
    What is coming????

Also thinking of a Dorking or a Delaware depending where I want to focus

But I am waiting to see what happens with the hatch. If by some miracle my last remaining baby Ray egg hatches and is a roo, I am going with him.

I feel your pain I really do sorry I can't be of more help[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  2. Luvinmyhurd

Luvinmyhurd Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2013
    California
    Great photo! :)

3. ChickNmamma

ChickNmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

4. Ali707

Ali707 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Magnolia, TX
    I was under the mistaken impression that they didn't really start generating their own heat until today..... funny, like day 18 is a magic number or something. I should have taken into account is is a "guideline", not a set date. Like turning on a switch. Heat/no heat.[​IMG]

5. Ali707

Ali707 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Magnolia, TX
    Ummmm 118 would kill me too! [​IMG] Especially if I was trapped in a tight box with high humidity and no way out!!!!

6. tommysgirl

Mar 18, 2012
    chiquita! I love your story about the chick who just wanted to live. It encouraged me too. I hope Miss Scarlet continues to thrive!

7. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

[​IMG]
    It looks like I will be having a really good hatch....every single egg has pipped. It was getting crowded, so I quickly took out the chicks that had fluffed up and grabbed a bunch of eggs shells out too. Already there are some more zipping, by the time I got back from settling these chicks to the brooder. Lots of girls in this bunch so far:)

Trisha

8. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

How exciting!

9. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    So pretty! I'm glad miss Scarlett was inspiring! Mario said I should have gotten a picture of her with her legs both fluffed up and sticking out f the egg. But I panicked! Catalina just started her hatch yesterday ( 3/3 eggs but she walks a fair bit so her legs are often late. So I gave her both chicks before I went to bed. It was so funny I went downstairs to the coop with both chicks peeping up a storm. Every broodies answered. I heard cooing in m porch, coming in the grow out coop, cooing in silkieland, and in the main coop when I got there. It was a serenade! I'm wondering if I should record it to play for the motherless chicks..... Catalina is a great Cooer, perhaps I will try that this weekend.

10. tommysgirl

Mar 18, 2012
    what a cool thing! The way you tell it I can almost hear them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by