California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. chicksnthestiks

chicksnthestiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Gold Country, CA
    So sorry to hear Ray is not well. I think 10+ is pretty old for a chicken but it's never easy to loose one.

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. chicksnthestiks

chicksnthestiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Gold Country, CA
    The three silvers that survived from the order ChickNmamma and I got from John Blehm appear to be a trio, YAY. It will be interesting to compare them with yours. Very pretty 8 week old chicks right now, they are smaller than the lav. splits I have that are same age. I anxiously await your hatch!

4. capayvalleychick

capayvalleychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Guinda CA
    For Barbara [​IMG]. You have given Ray a happy life and I'm sure that he appreciates it. Not many roosters get to live that long. I know it is so sad to say good bye to a loved pet.

Was there a discussion on here about picking up chicks at a distribution center? Refresh my memory, please.

There have been too many cute pictures to multi quote.

Debi, I still have trouble believing you are a grandmother, you look too young!

Loved that apron!

I adore several of Deb's birds, but have to say that black bare butt chick is an exception!

5. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    IF you get the tracking number and can get ahold of a Postmaster they can tell you exactly where the shipment is. You then go to the Distribution center and get the chicks. USPS has changed the name of the centers. Their website has contact information for each center so you should call ahead to let them know you are coming.

Do you have a shipment coming from Missouri?

Ron

6. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    Thanks for all the the thoughts about old Ray...I really had no idea how long a rooster lives and it is good to know his life has been long. I will be roosterless and I don't want to be. Now don't you all start bringing me your extras yet but there is a chance I may have room for a couple.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  7. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I have purchased bubble wrap on eBay from the following 2 sellers:

http://stores.ebay.com/UPAKNSHIP

http://stores.ebay.com/AAABOXMAN-HOUSTON-TEXAS

The first seller is in California and has very quick shipping. The second one is in Texas and also ships quickly. I have purchased shipping supplies from both of them multiple times and been very pleased with both service & product.

8. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    Thanks Kim. That was sweet. You all are the best.

9. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Roosters I have:

Bresse Poulet
    HRIR
    Blue Barnie OE
    Crele Penedesenca
    Blue Egg Layer of the UofArkansas
    Blue\black Australorp

I am sorry about Ray![​IMG]

It this the Rooster Game?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  10. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Kim, [​IMG] I love you! You made my day! I actually have 4 grandkids and these are the 2 youngest. They are 2, 4, 6, and 8 years old. I just started watching the 2 youngest ones 16 days out of the month. I sure feel my age at the end of a 12 hour day with them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by