California - Northern

pullets are funny, chickens in general do not seem to like a lot of attention when it comes to laying.

It will be very exciting when you get those EE eggs. You never know what color they will be.

Post a picture of it for us Please.

I heard Penny's egg song and ran out to see this beautiful minty egg laid right out in the open with all the chickens gathered round looking at it, too!

After looking at posted anatomy pix above, I was feeling her intestines, which answers a lot of questions. Lol. Thanks again!

Well my I was examining my little buff orp today and really noticed her crop was basically empty and she seems to have lost some weight.

I think she is not eating the King feed. We switched back after trying the Layena Omega pellets (free bag) and all the rest seem fine with the feed. We brought some out to her in her own dish and she only would peck at it. However giving her some scratch grains and meal worms and she was all over that. The most alert ive seen her in days. She also was tearing into a tomato. She also attacked the planter box that had the Kaylees wild bird seed I was trying to sprout (Not sprouted)

I still have some Purina flock raiser feed that which I think Im going to make a mash out of with some apple cider vinegar maybe that will help her.

Anyone ever experience this kind of thing when switching feeds. (She used to eat the king feed)

Well my I was examining my little buff orp today and really noticed her crop was basically empty and she seems to have lost some weight.

I think she is not eating the King feed. We switched back after trying the Layena Omega pellets (free bag) and all the rest seem fine with the feed. We brought some out to her in her own dish and she only would peck at it. However giving her some scratch grains and meal worms and she was all over that. The most alert ive seen her in days. She also was tearing into a tomato. She also attacked the planter box that had the Kaylees wild bird seed I was trying to sprout (Not sprouted)

I still have some Purina flock raiser feed that which I think Im going to make a mash out of with some apple cider vinegar maybe that will help her.

Anyone ever experience this kind of thing when switching feeds. (She used to eat the king feed)

They usually start eating the new feed fine.

Try wetting it for her.

I made some mash for the whole flock. The two little ones are now with the big ones so I wanted to be sure they were getting enough too. She ate a fair amount but after eating everything else seems to have worn herself out for a bit. She climbed back into my daughters lap and is dozing again but she was up and foraging and eating by herself for a good 40 minutes or more and appears to have filled her crop a bit and has perked up a bit just eating. I dont know if she has fallen in the pecking order or something but knowing she has more food in her now and she will eat the mash. We will keep giving it to them over the next few days maybe it will help if she gets more food in her the energy level will pick up.

Hi all,

Checking in after missing more than 1300 posts!

I have found that some of my birdies are not doing well. All from different coops, and all different symptoms, so I don't think it is the same illness. I've nursed one back to health, but I just found another who is slow-moving, slightly purple in the comb, and a bit thin. I've started treatments, hoping to get her better as well.

It's an odd question, but I just wanted to ask and see if anyone else is experiencing problems with their flocks?

Back
Top Bottom