California - Northern

May I suggest the Duracell one from Costco. It is $19 and some change and very high output. My husband sells Streamlight at his work and says that these are just as good and brighter than the Streamlights except one model that costs in the $100's.
Which one is it and how many lumens do you think I will need to candle darker eggs

going to try and breed for a blue serama. colors im getting are exqucher (dont think thats spelled right) and a male that has a brown laced dad (cocopop is what i think its called) and an adulsian blue mom. what colors would need to be added to get a blue

I think Frieda may have quit--I haven't seen her on the eggs at all today, and the eggs are cold. Is it possible I made her give up by trying to candle last night (unsuccessfully, to add insult to injury)? Might she get back on? I can't run out and buy an incubator, and I don't know anyone I can borrow one from. I could probably go get a heating pad and set that up as a brooder in the getting-to-know-you pen inside the coop, but they've got to hatch first! This would be day 11.

I think Frieda may have quit--I haven't seen her on the eggs at all today, and the eggs are cold. Is it possible I made her give up by trying to candle last night (unsuccessfully, to add insult to injury)? Might she get back on? I can't run out and buy an incubator, and I don't know anyone I can borrow one from. I could probably go get a heating pad and set that up as a brooder in the getting-to-know-you pen inside the coop, but they've got to hatch first! This would be day 11.
Yikes!

Do you have a local 4-h group? Check with the Ag extension office you your county. They often have incubators that you can use.

This day just gets better! I just caught our dog in the front yard licking out one of the OE eggs Ron sent me! She's never stolen eggs before, but now she knows where they come from.

Last edited:
This day just gets better! I just caught our dog in the front yard licking out one of the OE eggs Ron sent me! She's never stolen eggs before, but now she knows where they come from.
What a day! At least they were free eggs for you.
That's the only thing keeping tears at bay, I think. I'm not looking forward to telling my husband and daughters, though-- I'm the only one home right now.

Back
Top Bottom