California - Northern

Call the UCD lab that's closest to you and ask if they have anyone that can come draw some blood or do a nasal swab.

The lab closest to me is Turlock, and they have a Dr. that comes through the area about once a month that does testing at the various feed stores and poultry farms. I think all four labs have a Dr that does this.

-Kathy
I did not know they did that!

Niki lives up out of Red Bluff towards Nevada--Quite a distance from Davis, the closest lab.

Call the UCD lab that's closest to you and ask if they have anyone that can come draw some blood or do a nasal swab.

The lab closest to me is Turlock, and they have a Dr. that comes through the area about once a month that does testing at the various feed stores and poultry farms. I think all four labs have a Dr that does this.

-Kathy

I did not know they did that!

Niki lives up out of Red Bluff towards Nevada--Quite a distance from Davis, the closest lab.

I was wrong, the Dr. is from the CDFA office in Modesto. 209.491.9350. Call them and they might be able to help.

-Kathy

Ee Hen hashel bibbles in her eyes. is it coryza? I dont have the money right now to get tylan what dk i do?! Am i honna lose my whole flock? Hpw do they get this?

Well don't freak, but quarantine asap. When mine got fowl pox, some had it in the eyes and at first there were a few bubbles. But it was just fowl pox. And another hen had a gunk in her eye but it was a foxtail. So sometimes it's not as bad as you think.
If you can do a blood draw would be awesome! If that's not an option and If you're worried about the rest of your flock, taking one to necropsy is something to consider. Then at least you'll know.

-Kathy
that is awesome! I did not know they did that! My vet will draw it for $10 and I can take it to the lab myself if I need to. But having them come your way is even better

Ee Hen hashel bibbles in her eyes. is it coryza? I dont have the money right now to get tylan what dk i do?! Am i honna lose my whole flock? Hpw do they get this?

Well don't freak, but quarantine asap. When mine got fowl pox, some had it in the eyes and at first there were a few bubbles. But it was just fowl pox. And another hen had a gunk in her eye but it was a foxtail. So sometimes it's not as bad as you think.
If you can do a blood draw would be awesome! If that's not an option and If you're worried about the rest of your flock, taking one to necropsy is something to consider. Then at least you'll know.

-Kathy
that is awesome! I did not know they did that! My vet will draw it for $10 and I can take it to the lab myself if I need to. But having them come your way is even better

I was sort of wrong... Northern California has a vet that works out of the CDFA office in Modesto. What I gather from speaking to him and the Modesto office is that he drives around doing testing at various poultry auctions, feeds store, poultry farms, etc. *If* he happens to be in the area, I think one might be able to convince him to stop by and do a nasal swap, maybe draw some blood. Pretty sure you can't just call and have him come to your place. :D Three years ago when I started having trouble with blackhead he said he was going to be in my area and offered to pick up a couple of birds. Sorry for the confusion.

-Kathy

On a brighter note, my little MF Bantam Cochin's hen's daughter just won Best of Breed and Best of Show at the Healdsburg 4-H Fair!
Here's Cleo, photo sent to me by the 4-H'er's aunt, who is a neighbor and bought this pullet for her niece to show. Less-than-stellar photo, but you get the drift!

Here's Lucy, one of my hens, with Cleo (the Big Winner) as a chipmunk chick. All parties are very happy! :)

On a brighter note, my little MF Bantam Cochin's hen's daughter just won Best of Breed and Best of Show at the Healdsburg 4-H Fair!
Here's Cleo, photo sent to me by the 4-H'er's aunt, who is a neighbor and bought this pullet for her niece to show. Less-than-stellar photo, but you get the drift!

Here's Lucy, one of my hens, with Cleo (the Big Winner) as a chipmunk chick. All parties are very happy! :)

woot.gif

Nice job!

i. dont think theres anyone that eill do that. we dont even have an avvian vet here. i have two hens gargling and a bit of swelling in face along with bubbles/nasal discharge and the other has less bubbles and less swelling without gargling

Back
Top Bottom