California - Northern

I will! Hopefully there will be some Oriental games for sale there this year... closest I could find last year was a pair of Cornish. There were some beautiful Shamo there, but none for sale!

1f44d.png
hope you find some

I will! Hopefully there will be some Oriental games for sale there this year... closest I could find last year was a pair of Cornish. There were some beautiful Shamo there, but none for sale!

I want to go. Still new in the chicken hobby. I want to go and check it all out before I start buying.

I want to go. Still new in the chicken hobby. I want to go and check it all out before I start buying.

You should definitely go! It's amazing to walk into a 200' long (maybe bigger?) warehouse type building and be greeted by literally thousands of roosters crowing and hens cackling. Last year there were probably 2000 birds... this year I think the APA has a meet going on so there will likely be even more! I know this show has seen 3000-4000 in the past.

Just beware of the for sale section. Last year I went there telling myself I was only gonna buy an oriental pair of they had them and nothing else and ended up coming home with a pair of Cornish, a trio of Silkies, and a very lovely Mille Fleur (Spangled? Speckled? Jubilee? No one breed agrees on what the color is called) Bantam Cochin cockerel. Funny enough, the cockerel was the most "just for fun" but I got, I actually had plans for the Silkies and Cornish, but as it turns out he's been the best purchase from that show. Besides him I only have the Cornish and Silkie hens from the show left; it turns out two of the Silkies were boys (bratty boys!) and the Cornish cockerel was a jerk of a whole 'nother level. But my little Carlos has been the lead roo in the bantam pen since I got him, he's produced many sound and healthy babies and is very sweet and gentle with his hens.

You will very seldom see Orientals in the sales area, but some times people will sell them out of the show cages. There will be some Ko Shamo's for sale.

Walt

You will very seldom see Orientals in the sales area, but some times people will sell them out of the show cages. There will be some Ko Shamo's for sale.

Walt

Will they be your Kos? I've seen pictures of your stock, amazing birds. I'm a big Ko fan but in bad need of a cockbird, I have only three hens at the moment. In all honesty I am in bad need of a hen as well, as my hens consist of one decent and two less than good quality hens - they were largely purchased as pets.

Will they be your Kos? I've seen pictures of your stock, amazing birds. I'm a big Ko fan but in bad need of a cockbird, I have only three hens at the moment. In all honesty I am in bad need of a hen as well, as my hens consist of one decent and two less than good quality hens - they were largely purchased as pets.

I will be showing some Ko's in Modesto, but I had not thought about bringing any for sale. If you are interested contact me a bit before the show and I will see what I have that I will let go.
We are looking at an entry of 3500 to 4000 birds at the PPBA Show.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom