California - Northern

:frowya its me kristin . thanks for the flock tour today you have some nice birds at you place. hope you enjoyed seeing mine also . talk to you soon and i hope we can do some tradeing and let me know if you find anyone who might want some of those serama pullets thank you. and that crazy duck that showed up in my yard he needs a good home . thanks againe.

Hijacking this board in order to ask a question. Does anyone know if I am legal to raise chickens in Elk Grove CA?
Help is appreciated....
Jim
Elk Grove CA (100% NORTHERN CA)!

Hi everyone!

I am ordering some hatching eggs, 1 dozen, but have room for 24 more. Is there anyone who would like to have me surrogate/hatch any eggs? I am in Sacramento, and am hoping to set by the end of the week, 5/7/11.

Hi everyone,

I have some blue-laced red wyandotte juvenile chicks from Foley's that are about 10 weeks old now. Foley's is very well known on BYC for high quality wyandottes. Here is a link to their website with photos of full-grown birds. http://www.foleyswaterfowl.com/blrwyandotte.htm

I
have a few each of both roos and pullets. Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Anna B

Does anyone know where I can get a couple of White Crested Black Polish large Fowl? I'm in Butte County, about 100 miles North of Sacramento, in the foothills above Chico, if you know where that is. I'm willing to travel a ways if needed. I also have some EE roo's that need to be rehomed. They're beautiful and sweethearts! Why are the roo's always the friendliest? They hatched on 2/27.

Hi everyone - I live in the Reno/Sparks area and I have at least 3 (if not 4) - FBCM cockerals turned 4 weeks on 5/10. If anyone wants one (or two or three...) I am willing to meet you on I-80 - please pm me if interested...

Thanks!

Hi Byc'ers,

I live in Woodland, CA and am interested in feed co-ops. I was told there was one in Napa, but can't find anything on the message boards about it.

If there is one in Napa, I would be interested in joining. If not, maybe we could start one in the Woodland - Davis - Sacramento Area.

I bought a bag of Modesto Mills non soy layer Saturday and noticed an immediate improvement in digestion. The old bag was Purina Layeena pellets and I could see undigested pellets in brown liquid. That changed to normal manure with the new feed. The chickens are looking plumper too.

Please let me know about feed co-ops.

Ron

Last edited:
Ron,

I know what you mean. Modesto Milling has done a great job with there new Non-soy feed. You can find it in the Davis areas I think. Check the modesto Milling website for distributers. You should be good. Is cost your concern and why you are looking into the co-op thing. Sometimes you have to pay a little more for good stuff. All in all, the price isn't that bad...I think.

i pick it up fresh from them direct!

Sean

Quote:
Hi Sean,

On the Modesto milling site, the closest distributer is in Berkeley, which is 70 miles one way. I can special order it from Higbys in Dixon--I have to call on Monday to get it on Friday. The Lady at the Woodland feed store rolled her eyes when I asked about Organic poultry fee, let alone non-Soy.

I drove to Chico(90 miles one way) to get the non-soy start and grow for the five Australorps. They did very well with it and it cost $27.00.

The price from Higbys was $33.00 for 50#'s. I can live with that since I only have 10 chickens.

Thanks for the information!

Ron

Last edited:
Anyone want a beautiful cochin cockerel? I am finally coming to terms that this is a boy. He doesn't act it at all, but everyone tells me it's a "he". He's gorgeous. He's 10-11 weeks old.

2-Cochin-1.jpg

1-Cochin.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom