California - Northern

One of our chickens, Howl (a Black Japanese Bantam), who is nicknamed Ninja, has been spending her nights somewhere other than the coop. I caught her before dusk and shut her in last night, but two nights before I couldn't find her and same with tonight. But tonight our sweet little Tuck seems to have followed her.
barnie.gif
He's one of my favorites - sweet little Quail Antwerp roo. I sure hope he shows up tomorrow morning. Those two are buddies with my very favorite, our bantam frizzle, Lefty. Lefty will be so sad if they don't come back! He looked so lonely huddling by himself in the corner of the coop. Also, it's my birthday. I don't think anyone told those rascal chickens.

One of our chickens, Howl (a Black Japanese Bantam), who is nicknamed Ninja, has been spending her nights somewhere other than the coop. I caught her before dusk and shut her in last night, but two nights before I couldn't find her and same with tonight. But tonight our sweet little Tuck seems to have followed her.
barnie.gif
He's one of my favorites - sweet little Quail Antwerp roo. I sure hope he shows up tomorrow morning. Those two are buddies with my very favorite, our bantam frizzle, Lefty. Lefty will be so sad if they don't come back! He looked so lonely huddling by himself in the corner of the coop. Also, it's my birthday. I don't think anyone told those rascal chickens.

barnie.gif

smiley-says-happy-birthday.gif

I hope they come home in the morning!

It is time for coop lockdown. Try leaving them in the coop for three days and nights to reprogram them to go in at night.

Last edited:
We have 2 cl pips, 1 col Cochin pipped, 1 gc starting a zip but looks a bit red so worried about that one...

I think my new bator is a lemon. My old one had such great hatches. I was crying about it to my dh yesterday and must have been pretty pathetic cause he said " let's get you the mini " awwww!

Back to staring at the bater window!

barnie.gif
happy birthday

I am not sure yet. no one is showing. most combs seem the same color. I will try and get pictures this weekend
Maybe YOU got all the girls! I think only 3 or possibly 4 of the 13 I have here are pullets
barnie.gif
And liz9910 just sent me pictures of hers and it looks like maybe 5 out of 6 are roos!
he.gif
Looks like I won't be using those hens for hatching eggs anymore since the hens determine the sex of the chicks
sad.png
I am getting slightly more pullets than rooster chicks out of my 2 W/BW Wheaten hens so I guess they are keepers.

barnie.gif
I am sorry for the added stress they are giving you. But happy birthday in the mean time and I will cross my fingers they are back in the morning.
All three of the Wyandottes I got from the feed store this year have combs like that!! I have the worst luck with sexed hatchery chicks. :he The Gold laced is real pretty, but the coloring on the two SL's is awful! On a happy note -- my Safeway eggs should be hatching today or tomorrow. My 2 little BLRW's should be getting more friends. I set them at 10PM on Wednesday April 24th, so is today, or tomorrow day 21? I have lots of wiggling eggs, but no pips yet. They are extra large eggs, do those take longer to hatch than the smaller ones?
I am waiting and waiting for you hatch to see what you get. Does anyone have adult grocery store chicken photos? I would like to see some full grown too.

barnie.gif
What a sad thing to happen on your birthday!
sad.png
I hope they show up tomorrow and you end up having a VERY HAPPY end to your Birthday!

Back
Top Bottom