California - Northern

Where does everyone here keep their feed? If I were to get a weather-proof container, could I just keep it in the run?

I have seen people keep the feed in the run. I keep my feed in lidded garbage cans in the Garage--Gott keep the feed away from the vermin.....

I'm not really worried about vermin getting in...My run should be 110% predator/vermin proof! I even have hardware cloth burried under the run so that nothing can dig in. So it should be fine in the run as long as it's weather-proof? The only other place I could keep it is in my garage, which is on the other side of my property!

I keep my food and scratch in 5 gallon buckets with a Gamma Lid http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leaktite-5-Gal-Screw-Top-Lid-5GAMMA6/203205720#.UdzcmPkbSSo

50lbs fits perfectly

X2. I love these lids!
thumbsup.gif
Have 2 buckets near the run. 100% weather proof and vermin proof. Keep 1 for feed and treats; 1 for PDZ and food grade DE.

Ivomec is a topical liquid that will kill lice, mites, and worms.

My German shepherd herds by pacing the fence, but she doesn't crouch down like that. I know border collies have much more herding instincts though.

Today I went to collect my chicken's eggs after work, found one of my chickens dead inside the coop, next to the roost. She was pretty stiff, no signs of trauma or illness, I wonder what happened? She was a Red Star, about 2 years old. Alive and well this morning when I filled up the waterers.

Send her in and find out.thank goodness for davis..

I'm so sorry you lost your baby. I will think healing thoughts for you.
Today I went to collect my chicken's eggs after work, found one of my chickens dead inside the coop, next to the roost. She was pretty stiff, no signs of trauma or illness, I wonder what happened? She was a Red Star, about 2 years old. Alive and well this morning when I filled up the waterers. 

Back
Top Bottom