California - Northern

Quote: I've always heard like a brick, which make me sing "like a brick.....hoouuuse"
cool.png

Quote: Welcome! I'm not much help but I use to have geese and we had a little house with straw on the floor and they would sleep in it or to get out of the weather.

Quote: Thanks Ron. I only have eggs from my Blue Copper Marans covered by my Black Copper Marans I got from Deb. Their eggs are dark for blue's but not like the eggs I bought from Deb and Sunnydawn. I have a blue from the blues/black combo but she just a couple of months old so I'll see how the roo improves the color. I have 3 Black Copper Marans pullets who should lay in the next couple of weeks. 2 of them are from SunnyDawns eggs (we're working on a dark egg project) and the other pullet is from one Debs eggs. Can't wait to see how they do!
fl.gif

The Olive Egger I got from the Blue Copper Marans covered by my Ameraucana roo lays really a nice dark olive green so I think I'm on the right track with the dark eggs.

I have 6 of the Blue/Black Copper Marans eggs in the incubator right now, along with 6 of the Olive Eggers, Polish and Easter Eggers. I'm going to hatch one more batch after this and keep them all for pullets to sell next year and hope to sell/process all the boys.

Debs and Sunnydawns eggs are
droolin.gif
. I'm hoping to be there too and am really happy to be working with Sunny on her dark egg project! Hope I have something to offer from my two I hatched from her eggs.

well summer is going out with a bang.
we are still having moderate rain and a good stiff breeze.
its 55 outside right now
Raining all day, starting last night. Loving the fire going (the doors are open 'cause it's too hot
lau.gif
). I'm recovering from surgery so this really helps keep my down. Perfect day to lay on the couch and watch the series North and South.

Thanks Ron. I only have eggs from my Blue Copper Marans covered by my Black Copper Marans I got from Deb. Their eggs are dark for blue's but not like the eggs I bought from Deb and Sunnydawn. I have a blue from the blues/black combo but she just a couple of months old so I'll see how the roo improves the color. I have 3 Black Copper Marans pullets who should lay in the next couple of weeks. 2 of them are from SunnyDawns eggs (we're working on a dark egg project) and the other pullet is from one Debs eggs. Can't wait to see how they do!
fl.gif

The Olive Egger I got from the Blue Copper Marans covered by my Ameraucana roo lays really a nice dark olive green so I think I'm on the right track with the dark eggs.

I have 6 of the Blue/Black Copper Marans eggs in the incubator right now, along with 6 of the Olive Eggers, Polish and Easter Eggers. I'm going to hatch one more batch after this and keep them all for pullets to sell next year and hope to sell/process all the boys.

Debs and Sunnydawns eggs are
droolin.gif
. I'm hoping to be there too and am really happy to be working with Sunny on her dark egg project! Hope I have something to offer from my two I hatched from her eggs.
I remembered that you and Deb were working with Sunny Dawn on a dark egg project.

Very exciting stuff!

Early!  Wonder what kind of a winter we are in for? When we lived in Truckee we used to get our first snowfall just before or on Halloween. It is pretty though :)  
Yes! Thank you! Halloween for the first sprinkle and light stick, right. Socked in by thanksgiving. Ugh the weather has been off the last two years. Oh well , ill be buff this year with shoveling out all the pens we built this summer.

I was going to post earlier but the morning got away from me.

I may be able to locate a Freedom Ranger up here. One of the vets raises them, I got the impression she is raising them rather than ordering them each year. Now this was last year, but I can inquire.

Well, looks like my worry about the Ag station was totally unfounded. When I headed up to Sis Q Meadows for my church's women's retreat on Thursday, it was closed. It was probably about 3:30ish, and the big doors were shut. It was closed today on my way home, too. And now that I think about it, I can't remember the last time the station on 199 was open, though we don't leave town very often and, when we do, it's usually the other way north. Only one way south from here.

Now I just need to get things finished, and start looking seriously in the area between Medford and Eureka-ish--maybe up the coast to the Coquille and Coos Bay/North Bend area.

Back
Top Bottom