California - Northern

Quote:
big_smile.png

I did know Hattrick has Partridge Silkies - I have a pair from them. I didn't know they sold eggs - but I swore off hatching until Spring. Thanks for the "help" with my hatching addiction
lau.gif

So you want to trade some Partridges for two Blues and a Black ? My Silkie Broodies didn't hear the "no hatching until Spring" moratorium and they hatched out some of their eggs. Fortunately I did get two Partridges, but I also got those two blues and a black... The Blues and Blacks and one Partridge are from Owl. Hmm.. by Stockton they should be 4 months old, perhaps we might be able to figure out if they are male or female by then.. maybe
hmm.png

I also still have a really nice dark Smutty Blue Buff boy (Ricky) with extra super foot feathering and a multi-colored Partridge wannabe Boy (DonnaDon)... since you were so nice to share Owl I thought you might appreciate one of his sons?
wink.png
They aren't crowing yet.

Its not a exchange, but last year I traded about 12 chickens in the parking lot and bought a quad of showgirls and ALL the eggs from the official sales floor.  Pro tip:  make sure you know what each type of chick is supposed to look like when  you buy ALL the eggs..... remember the  leghorn/legabar fiasco?

Its one of the biggest shows on the west coast, so a lot of people go.

chickenmamma  ended up with owl, a partridge  rooster returned  by a customer.  I traded all my white silkies for blacks and  a cl roo for.. something.. And I delivered black soldier flies and a few fodder buckets. It was a crowded car!
So your a tailgater.....

Where did your serama pair come from or are they your project?

Also I'm coming down to the bay this Friday. If anyone has anything tempting let me know. I'm still hoping Debs_flock has some cl and golden campine to spare?

Quote: You can use any Buffs you may get in the Partridge pen to get back to Partridge, a lot of them carry Partridge already. The color base is closer than the other colors. I don't know what she uses in her Porcelain pen, but those may carry Partridge under them too... All SORTS of fun! If you get an extra Porcelain boy I might be interested in him - since I have developed a fondness for that color as well...

Yup, maybe she will trade since I really don't want Blue or Black and my birds decided to hatch out some of their eggs while I was gone, two Blue and a Black (and a Partridge for me
lol.png
). One of my Blue hens carries Partridge, I need to do some selective hatching next Spring to find out WHO!

Has anyone tried the Feather Fixer. I just noticed the ad here and I remembered seeing it at a feed store.
I have not tried it, but I was reading a comment on the Silkie thread and the person who had used it on their birds said it wasn't high enough in protein for the Silkies and it did nothing to help them when they were molting. They need the higher protein to grow those silly hairy feathers all over.

Also, if anyone is interested in a processing workshop, we are processing roos this Saturday at my friend's farm in Brentwood.  We are starting at 9 and should be done by 1 or 2.  Drop me a PM if you want more information.
hi Petrock, do you offer the processing workshop often? Would love to do it ,but this weekend isn't good for me. I had them done the last few times and I'd like to learn it better. Only did it myself once, hoping it gets easier as you do it more.

Last edited:
You can use any Buffs you may get in the Partridge pen to get back to Partridge, a lot of them carry Partridge already. The color base is closer than the other colors. I don't know what she uses in her Porcelain pen, but those may carry Partridge under them too... All SORTS of fun! If you get an extra Porcelain boy I might be interested in him - since I have developed a fondness for that color as well...

Yup, maybe she will trade since I really don't want Blue or Black and my birds decided to hatch out some of their eggs while I was gone, two Blue and a Black (and a Partridge for me
lol.png
). One of my Blue hens carries Partridge, I need to do some selective hatching next Spring to find out WHO!

I did see a picture of a blue partridge pullet on FB American Silkies and fell in LOVE!!! Also pictured was a buff pullet from Catdance that is gorgeous! Can't wait for my babies!! I will keep you in mind for a porcelain rooster.
wink.png
If I don't get any blacks we can do a trade. I love the blacks
smile.png
If I do get blacks they will be split to lavender.

I have not tried it, but I was reading a comment on the Silkie thread and the person who had used it on their birds said it wasn't high enough in protein for the Silkies and it did nothing to help them when they were molting. They need the higher protein to grow those silly hairy feathers all over.

Does Flock Raiser have high enough protein for the Silkies?

Back
Top Bottom