California - Northern

Nikki, can you get some pictures of the his eyes? One of the UCD avian pathologists that does my necropsies is doing work on eyes in poultry and woul love to see them.

-Kathy

Anyone ever seen this the wing feathers on this CLB boy seem to be getting frizzier by the day. This isnt a good pic and is a few days ago. Its even more pronounced now.
His feathers just look beat up and molty to me, maybe he's just going through his first set of feathers.

Just wanted to comment that his color is lovely.

Last edited:
They are actually curly that's the weird thing. he is only about 8-9 weeks old so I wouldn't suspect much in the way of molting yet.
Others have commented that he has good color too. The other two are more dark grey than him. the comb fold is bad though but we shall see how that all sorts out as they get their full size.

isnt the subject of this thread for member location? how many pages back did it get hi=jacked? what should posts made here be relevant to?

There's not really any one topic... Generally things are chicken - related, though.

Other than the possibility of purple pullets, is there any reason to not give my birds what's left in the strainer when I'm done making seedless blackberry jam?

isnt the subject of this thread for member location? how many pages back did it get hi=jacked? what should posts made here be relevant to?

Hi Kenduro!

This is a Social Thread for BYC'rs in Northern California(we love people from other places too though). We get to talk about anything within BYC Rules so we do talk about everything!

How many chickens do you have?

There's not really any one topic... Generally things are chicken - related, though.

Other than the possibility of purple pullets, is there any reason to not give my birds what's left in the strainer when I'm done making seedless blackberry jam?

Give it to them!

They will love it for sure.

It sounds heart related--sometimes they have heart attacks.

Move him to a place that is about 85 degrees and see if he makes it.

Another possibility is Valley Fever which is a fungal infection. The Fungus can grow in the lungs and cause symptoms like you are describing.
I didn't know that chickens can get Valley Fever. I thought that it was a mammal only disease. Off to research yet another disease...

Okay can I give my ducks any human medicine? Baby medicine? They're 3 days old and I believe they caught a cold last night because of their water episode. The could fit into their old watering bowl and would get soaking wet and freezing cold. Last night I dried them 4 separate times and then made them a new watering bowl only their heads can fit in! Ones dribbling some when she eats and the other has cold feet I have them under heat but they don't seem to stay warm

Back
Top Bottom